New Disney Theme Park reservation system

My sense is that they have enough onsite resort reservations between DVC and cash bookings for the first few weeks that those may take up most of the spots and AP holders without that won’t have many options,

I am going to assume that once a person is in the system, they will be allowed to book one park each day..maybe more than one for park hoppers (Though I think they will suspend that for a bit and refund guests the difference maybe on gift cards) ..so entire trip does get booked, To me, that makes sense,

I just wonder how long it will take them to figure it out and get the process out to the public
Okay... so if I don’t get a reservation, when does my AP clock restart? The first reservation that I get? What if I don’t try for several months? Can I extend the life of my pass? Without park hopping privileges will they do something to make up for that?

Just curious really, as some of the above will not pertain to me.

My sense is that they have enough onsite resort reservations between DVC and cash bookings for the first few weeks that those may take up most of the spots and AP holders without that won’t have many options,

I am going to assume that once a person is in the system, they will be allowed to book one park each day..maybe more than one for park hoppers (Though I think they will suspend that for a bit and refund guests the difference maybe on gift cards) ..so entire trip does get booked, To me, that makes sense,

I just wonder how long it will take them to figure it out and get the process out to the public

From Disney Parks Blog

"Over the coming weeks, we will be making some necessary updates to prepare for the launch of this park reservation system. "

Okay... so if I don’t get a reservation, when does my AP clock restart? The first reservation that I get? What if I don’t try for several months? Can I extend the life of my pass? Without park hopping privileges will they do something to make up for that?

Just curious really, as some of the above will not pertain to me.

Million dollar question! I don’t see them starting the clock for AP holders before the Park is back to no reservations,

Now, I do wonder if they will only offer refunds for actually days closed..or, give the incentive that if you choose to extend, you will get credit for the reservation days too, even if you get to use the pass

But, yeah, no Idea!

From Disney Parks Blog

"Over the coming weeks, we will be making some necessary updates to prepare for the launch of this park reservation system. "
This is now confirmed by multiple sources!! Uughh so disappointed... Our travel agent friend says that July 11th all of 2020 theme park reservations will open up. My free dining plan deal they offered me just got reduced to ashes!!! Completely sad right now.

This is my question....... My annual pass will expire the day after we check in in Aug. But the pass per the prior information given by Disney would be extended by the number of days they are closed. So it should be extended by around 100 days. When will they fix the date for my annual pass. Because I can’t reserve a park day without the extension for my Annual Pass🤦‍♀️.
Any help would be great!!

Also hearing that the July 11th opening of the new theme park reservation system will be first come / first serve. Meaning no priority booking per any group.

Last edited:

Also hearing that the July 11th opening of the new theme park reservation system will be first come / first serve. Meaning no priority booking pre any group.

That is not how it reads per se, It says people will be offered bookings in phases,

Now, if people are all part of the same phase, of course, it will be like that..but I would hope they would have some way to know in advance so one can or cannot keep trip.

My big group trip is Aug 4th and parks are a must for all of them.

That is not how it reads per se, It says people will be offered bookings in phases,

Now, if people are all part of the same phase, of course, it will be like that..but I would hope they would have some way to know in advance so one can or cannot keep trip.

Just reporting what our travel agent friend is telling us right now on the phone. She works for a massive company that was just briefed by Disney. Nothing at this point can be confirmed by Disney themselves but this will come in the coming days.

We also arrive on Aug 4th for our stay... Sad side note is this is also my birthday :(

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I was watching a Mickey Views video last night and one thing that caught my attention. We know DVC resorts will be open 6/22. It was mentioned (I can't remember his name) by a disney head that they would be doing some soft openings with cast members (and maybe family) and their affinity groups -specifically mentioning DVC members. Now this might be another Blue card benefit that might be seen. If you are a DVC member there during their Soft openings between say July 1-10th then you could be invited in. It will be all very interesting to see how it pans out. We bailed on our July trip and moved it to November, so we have a little time to figure out the new systems
My gut is they are going to be very careful with DVC members. They already have a big points problem with being closed for three months. They do not want to see a whole bunch of DVC members cancelling their rooms and banking their points. Normally we are bottom tier because we are pre-payed but I think right now we are top of mind as a huge headache for the company.

Since it appears that agents are hearing that onsite stay do not guarantee theme park reservations (No priority booking) this will cause mass cancelations on July 11th and after. If I can't get theme park tickets for my Aug and Dec stays ill cancel both since having an AP is really devalued.

Since it appears that agents are hearing that onsite stay do not guarantee theme park reservations (No priority booking) this will cause mass cancelations on July 11th and after. If I can't get theme park tickets for my Aug and Dec stays ill cancel both since having an AP is really devalued.

Not giving onsite guests priority bookings would be an extremely stupid thing to do, unless of course they want to have everyone cancel their reservation.

It should be a no brainer, jack up hotel rates and give hotel guests a huge priority over everyone else to get into the parks. With limited admission people will finally get their wish of low crowds in the park.

Here is how I read it, Current people with tickets and reservations have a 99% chance they will get a park each day of the trip,,,may not be the exact order they want, but someone with a 6 day pass will get to use it,

I think everyone in that category will be given some sort of li through MDE to reserve your days and once those are all booked, they will open it up to the rest,

I do believe the reason they canceled all dining reservations and FPs until the end of the year, and put that out today...before the reservation system is up and running...as well as the canceling Of all dining plans, including canceling people who had free dining is because they know it is going to wipe out a lot of summer and early fall reservations soon,

This will bring numbers back down for the start and those that didn’t cancel, will be able to get what they need,

This is the one time that I do believe that a DVC with reservations and tickets may be included in the first phase during the first few months as they know how our bookings work in terms of points, expiration etc,

Sounds like travel agents are also being told that not all resorts would be open. They indicated that upgrades to other resorts would be common place. IE: Studio at Coronado Springs to 1 or 2 bedroom at Beach club.

The cynic in me wonders if the surveys we filled out a couple weeks ago were more to figure out how to get rid of travelers than how to keep them. 😏

They seem to be making this more complicated than necessary. Limit people to one park per day, for now, even AP holders. Don't sell park hoppers for the time being. Give priority to onsite guests. Reinstitute dining ADRs limited to ONE restaurant per day, along with Fastpasses, and use those as reservations to enter that one park where the Dining/Fastpasses are booked.

They seem to be making this more complicated than necessary. Limit people to one park per day, for now, even AP holders. Don't sell park hoppers for the time being. Give priority to onsite guests. Reinstitute dining ADRs limited to ONE restaurant per day, along with Fastpasses, and use those as reservations to enter that one park where the Dining/Fastpasses are booked.

I think most of it is headed in that direction. Except for FastPasses, which seem to be eliminated until physical distancing is relaxed. My takeaway from the parks blog post is that they will reconfigure the attraction queues to combine Standby and FP, allowing more space for 6' distancing. FastPass is mostly impractical if you're trying to thin out crowds.

I never really understood the concept of "virtual queues" in this scenario. The last thing you need is thousands of people waiting in common areas for their ride time to arrive. The best way to separate is to maximize the number of people standing in attraction queues, while reducing those who are standing idle in the park waiting for the FP time to arrive.

The good news is that with daily admission caps and no FastPass, the standby queues should move rather briskly. Many attractions will operate with reduced capacity, but it still could be a net gain for most people.

Hi!
My annual pass expires in the beginning of August but we ended up booking a stay in the beginning of September. I know they are suppose to extend the passes for the amount of days closed. My question is will I be able to reserve the theme park reservation? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter