New Disney Uber Service

WDW Mad4Mickey

DIS Veteran
I recently read that Disney will be rolling out a new uber-like service . Has this service already begun? Will it only take guests to locations within Disney property and/or to off-property locations as well?

Disney announced months ago they were toying with the idea of starting one. I believe they may have even started an interview process. Nothing has started and no start date announced. Honestly no idea if it even got off the ground or if the idea died. Not a peep about it in months

I'm thinking that this idea isn't going to fly.

They have started a new Express bus transportation service, to take guests more quickly from park to park for an extra fee. That's probably the new transportation option they settled on after pondering different possibilities.

They have started a new Express bus transportation service, to take guests more quickly from park to park for an extra fee. That's probably the new transportation option they settled on after pondering different possibilities.
Actually, the Uber like service was announced after the Express Bus service started.
Here is the last announcement I could find
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/walt-disney-worlds-uber-like-transportation-service-slated-begin-soon/

And there has been nothing more on it so no idea if it's still in the works, quietly stopped, or what.

Last edited:
I wonder if Disney ever gets this up and running, will they restrict Uber and Lyft from their properties?

I wonder if Disney ever gets this up and running, will they restrict Uber and Lyft from their properties?
There has been no reason to expect that based on other things Disney offers. They allow off site with no issues in just about every instance I can think of. This will be for on site guests use or at least while on site. As long as Disney has off site guests they'll have options for them too. No other way to do it really. There has to be a way for them to come and go

Last edited:
There has been no reason to expect that based on other things Disney offers. They allow off site with no issues in just about every instance I can think of. This will be for on site guests use or at least while on site. As long as Disney has off site guests they'll have options for them too. No other way to do it really. There has to be away for them to come and go
I used Uber several times in the past year down there, and its great. Hope there are no extreme changes to it.

I doubt it. It would hurt Disney by restricting how people who aren't staying on site can get to the parks and resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter