New DLP DVD

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

Thought you might like to know that a new version of the DLP DVD is out. I got mine free with the new brochure (Autumn - Winter 2005 - 2006) when I ordered it off the website.

There's quite a lot more stuff on it this time (it still doesn't compare with the Florida DVD but then there is a lot less to so at DLP.) You get tours of both parks and all the Disney hotels, there's also a look at the Val D'Europe shopping area and Man U Soccer Schools. The extras include a guide of how to draw Mickey Mouse that's been lifted from the Art of Disney Animation show.

Enjoy the DVD! :wizard:

I got mine a few months ago when I clicked the red button on SKY when the DLRP advert came on.

Even better news is that they are filming a new DVD to be sold in the park which should be available next Spring. As charming as the current one is, in it's cheesey glory, the new one should be much more in depth and show the resort in a much better light.

I agree, the DVD is very cheesey, I'll be interested to see the for sale one but I imagine it's going to be quite pricey.

I got the DVD through Sky like you did Steve, this is a new one (but it still has the annoying "you'll be in my heart" music over it sadly :( )

I thought it was the same one because the details sounded identical - even the How To Draw Mickey Mouse extra. I'll have to get myself a copy and see what's new., I'm surprised they've done another so similar one so soon. I hate not having the very latest promoional material DLRP have to offer - I want it all, yesterday!

DLRP need to update their officail website as well because the Planning DVD they have on offer is the one I have, which is now apparently the old one:

promotion.gif

The DVD they have on sale in the park at the moment is €19,90 which isn't too bad, and does have the excellent Fantillusion documentary 1 hr extra feature.

I've also got the "Explore the Magic" dvd, well worth the money in my opinion. :goodvibes

Reid

If your old one had the how to Draw Mickey thing on it then it's probably the same one. The one I was sent when I clicked the red button a few months ago on Sky was different. Strange.

Thank goodness - I'd hate to think there was a DLRP DVD out there and I didn't have it! :earboy2:

Queenie said:
(but it still has the annoying "you'll be in my heart" music over it sadly :( )

I love this song! I always have a tear in my eye when I watch the DVD, especially the bit where Mickey and Minnie wave from the castle. My DD's think I'm absolutely mad, I think I am starting to embarass them! :rotfl2:

Ware Bears said:
I love this song! I always have a tear in my eye when I watch the DVD, especially the bit where Mickey and Minnie wave from the castle. My DD's think I'm absolutely mad, I think I am starting to embarass them! :rotfl2:

I know exactly what you mean, I tend to sneak off upstairs on my own to watch it. :teeth:

The Explore the magic DVD is marked as all regions, so should play on US machines.

Reid

Mickey's old friend said:
Will the DLP resort DVD play in USA machines, or are there different versions?

Linda

Depends what sort of DVD player you have Linda? I get confused with all the different regions but we have a multi region DVD player that plays US DVDs as well as European ones.

Hopefully someone else will clarify on the Region 0, 1 & 2 etc thing.

Even if it's Region 0 the problem you will have is that it will be PAL and the TV/DVD system in America is NTSC. PAL machines usually play NTSC discs at the flick of a button (or automatically on some machines) but that's because in the last 10 years the UK electronics market has come round to the fact that a lot of UK people want to watch NTSC discs as America gets stuff before us and a lot of the time gets stuff we don't even get - likewise a TV from the last 5-10 years will be able to play NTSC too.

However, it's not usual for a TV/DVD set-up in America to play PAL DVDs. It will be trial and error but I'd say probably not in most cases.

This a problem we face every dat at work as we produce DVDs for the UK and European makret which includes a lot of old UK favourites like Minder and Taggart - ex-pats in America want these to play there but they won't work on their machines as we produce for the PAL market and not the NTSC market.

They may produce NTSC versions of both the planning DVD and the DVD in the park - would depend on demand.

Sorry - babbling on with 'shop talk' now!

Thank you all. I will carefully check the DVD's first. I will keep my fingers crossed! I don't believe my machine will play pal. I thought maybe DVD was a universal format. :confused3 Oh well.

Linda

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a DVD that is suitable for all PAL and NTSC systems because the different formats have the material at different frames per second - would make our lives in the DVD production industry easier in some respects if it the world used one system but at the same time it would make it very hard to regulate what gets sold where - Catch 22! Though we do get the better deal in the UK thanks to the NTSC capability of most modern machines.

I would imagine they do a NTSC version of the planning DVD - no doubt when you put in your address and youy select America it will automatically pre-select a NTSC version to be sent out to you.

Just looking at the 'Explore The Magic' DVD that I bought in the park and it doesn't state PAL which leads me to believe there is no NTSC version - it will be PAL by default, being produced in France from mainly a Europeon audience it would be PAL. The fact that it doesn't state PAL makes me think there is no NTSC or they would have made the two versions easily distinguishable. Alternatively, maybe they do have NTSC but you have to ask specifically for it?

However, we have a photography shop near us that converts NTSC to PAL, at a cost - maybe there is something like that in America that can convert PAL -> NTSC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter