New DVC coming to Disneyland?

The problem with timeshares and cities is the huge hotel tax they lose. I would not be surprised if they reject.

I booked a week for the end of September 2020 at the 11 month mark. Just checked and now there's only 3 days available, midweek. Really do need to book early at VGC, no matter what time of year.

Speaking as a VGC owner who wanted to add a couple nights to her Thanksgiving stay, availability at the villas is near impossible for the big holidays inside the 7 month mark. I have successfully stalked the website for cancellations for a night or 2 but that requires a lot of luck and time. I am thrilled with this announcement and really hope it gets approved. I think it will sell well and give VGC owners a better option for point use when VGC is full other than booking other DLR hotel rooms on points, which I find tough to do bc the points for regular rooms are insanely high, especially on a holiday week.

I booked a week for the end of September 2020 at the 11 month mark. Just checked and now there's only 3 days available, midweek. Really do need to book early at VGC, no matter what time of year.

my calendar got deleted, but it seems that it’s a strange Sunday/Monday that you’re referring to that is unavailable. I can’t figure it out since there aren’t any events that weekend. Rest of the calendar looks good (and October looks wide open at this time).

how have you found availability to be? I’ve been gunshy about it because I’ve heard it can be hard to get what you want even at 11 months. The bigger tower seems like the safer bet, and I’m guessing they’ll do the same restrictions as on RR so I can’t use any resale points there.

That's some weird myth that I see pop up now and then. I have owned there since it first went on sale and there are very very few dates that studios go fast immediately at 11 months - times like for the Candlelight processional weekend in December or D23 weekend. Race weekends used to also go relatively fast but that's about it. 1BR's and 2BRs are no issue at 11 months. At 7 months is when things disappear and of course dates do go between 11 months and 7 months like they do at WDW resorts too.

My point is that VGC is almost impossible to book at 7 months because it is so small. A much bigger DVC resort will open the possibility for non-DL owners to book. As I'm a recent buyer, my direct purchase allows me that opportunity.
ah okay, I missed that subtle distinction between the original 14 and capacity issues vs DLH expansion with likely restriction. 350 units is a lot of capacity and will benefit DVC owners in the east 👍👍
It will only benefit direct and pre-2019 resale DVC owners. Post-2019 resale owners will still be scrambling for VGC rooms at 7 months. Which is going to be another way to sell direct points at DL and WDW.

I own VGC, I do not see it. This is one of the beauties of DVC avoiding parking charges and hotel taxes
I don't own VGC anymore, but if my memory is correct, the annual dues had the Anaheim TOT folded into the annual dues in a way that didn't show up on the annual bill, but was accounted for in the annual document of where all the money went. It had the illusion of not having the tax, but the tax was already accounted for in the per point MF.

I wonder if passed, would it have similar restrictions as Riviera and Reflections?

Oh most definitely, but I'm thinking less will care. I'm sure some VGC owners use their points at WDW, but would guess it's the exception more than the rule. The only reason I wouldn't wait for resale at a new DLR DVC is that it's unlikely to be much cheaper in resale.

I’m late to this party- but excellent news. I have purposefully deferred “addonitis” until a new DLR DVC comes to be. Hopefully this is it. As a fan of Disney history- a DH DVC- even if several iterations removed from the original- would be very special (assuming they stick to the 50s modernist “Walt” aesthetic, etc.).

This permit does not represent an approval to build. It represents referral to the full Planning Commission. Note its expiration date - December 2020. That is the time limit for the plan review validity. If it is not through hearings by then it needs extension.

But this is not a CUP or a go ahead to dig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!