New DVC coming to Disneyland?

I bet this new resort will sell for $249 a point out of the gate. We have seen annual increases for sold out resorts so in 2 years GC will probably be over $300 a point.

Def over 200 with VGC resale at or over 200 and direct closer to 300. My guess is 225 for initial, current members only, flash sale and landing at 250 and selling out before it can get higher than that.
Question is: what will be the point minimum?

Def over 200 with VGC resale at or over 200 and direct closer to 300. My guess is 225 for initial, current members only, flash sale and landing at 250 and selling out before it can get higher than that.
Question is: what will be the point minimum?
I would assume the point minimum would stay the same or be a little less maybe. You simply don’t need as many nights at Disneyland vs WDW. The consumer they market too will be very different since the average park goer is already very different. People assume it will sell quickly but we will see much less 200 point contracts sold and more 75-100 sold because realistically disneyland is a 3 night max destination and this hotel won’t be as resort like as any WDW hotel (or GCH for that matter) to fill other time up.

I think they will keep the price in line with other new resorts and they will go bonkers with the points chart. Higher than VGF is my prediction.

I think it's essentially certain that both the initial purchase price as well as the points chart will be high, given the popularity and resale prices of VGC.

However, at Disneyland there are so many cheap options within walking distance that it seems crazy to charge so much. It will be harder to market the location premium as well as the cost savings vs rack rate that you tend to see at WDW.

They get away with charging crazy on-site rates as it is now, so I think it's what we'll see with DVC, especially since the quality of Disney is markedly better than the closest off-site options. There's also the "Disney bubble" that I appreciate, especially while traveling as a solo female.

On one hand, I'm thinking "Yes! Sign me up on Day 1!" On the other hand, I'm thinking "But....Park Vue Inn is actually closer, and it's cheaper per night, and it's nice enough, and....resale restrictions??"

In the end, if the point minimum stays at 100 for blue card and for buy-in, it's probable that I'll buy 100 points there when they first offer them, although it isn't without hesitation.

I think it's essentially certain that both the initial purchase price as well as the points chart will be high, given the popularity and resale prices of VGC.

However, at Disneyland there are so many cheap options within walking distance that it seems crazy to charge so much. It will be harder to market the location premium as well as the cost savings vs rack rate that you tend to see at WDW.

They get away with charging crazy on-site rates as it is now, so I think it's what we'll see with DVC, especially since the quality of Disney is markedly better than the closest off-site options. There's also the "Disney bubble" that I appreciate, especially while traveling as a solo female.

On one hand, I'm thinking "Yes! Sign me up on Day 1!" On the other hand, I'm thinking "But....Park Vue Inn is actually closer, and it's cheaper per night, and it's nice enough, and....resale restrictions??"

In the end, if the point minimum stays at 100 for blue card and for buy-in, it's probable that I'll buy 100 points there when they first offer them, although it isn't without hesitation.
I love Park Vue!

This permit does not represent an approval to build. It represents referral to the full Planning Commission. Note its expiration date - December 2020. That is the time limit for the plan review validity. If it is not through hearings by then it needs extension.

But this is not a CUP or a go ahead to dig.
Not only this ^ , but it's not even for the DVC tower at DLH. I just re-read the article posted by DIS and saw this as a caption under the included photograph:

"CORRECTION: This permit is not related to a Disney Vacation Club property, but to another timeshare company. We apologize for the confusion."

Went to the City of Anaheim link provided in the article and it looks like the application is for a property to the east of DCA where House of Blues is.

Not only this ^ , but it's not even for the DVC tower at DLH. I just re-read the article posted by DIS and saw this as a caption under the included photograph:

"CORRECTION: This permit is not related to a Disney Vacation Club property, but to another timeshare company. We apologize for the confusion."

Went to the City of Anaheim link provided in the article and it looks like the application is for a property to the east of DCA where House of Blues is.
Oh my goodness, I’m glad you said something, I didn’t see that at all

Oh, wow! Curious!

I am fairly sure, would have to look at the maps again, that would be outside the Disneyland Hotel District Zone, then, as well. The 150 unit cap applies specifically within that geographic planning zone.

(I think Disney own everything within that particular zoning district.)

I feel like a correction of this magnitude requires its own article by that news site. There is a HUGE difference between a new Disneyland DVC and another timeshare coming in outside of DVC. Just my 2 cents which is about all it’s worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!