New DVC resell contract missing town from title company

Jkarrows

Mouseketeer
Despite me informing them twice that the town name is missing from our address the title company has sent us forms tonight to sign for our new DVC contract missing the town name.

Does anyone know if this will hold things up as the title company is now closed for the day?

Call and ask them if you can write it in. We do it all the time. Just get their ok first.

I corrected it when they sent out other forms and was told it would be updated and has not been, rather see it in print now to be honest as I do not want the deed to be missing my town.

I would fill in and initial, then ask the closing company if this is acceptable. If not then they need to correct and send you the new documents.

Yes, get it corrected before you sign. Otherwise possibly another $400 to 500$ later to get title changed. We wanted our kids as be beneficiaries & was mentioned early on & forgotten about. Now we are so far they told me it would have to go back to Disney first. We didn't want to waste more time & now we will have to pay More money to fix. We should have, but want to make reservations.

OK great news, the forms have been amended and now signed and have been e-mailed back so all good.
Thanks guys for your great advise.

Now comes the payment part, having not done a overseas payment before of such a large amount it does make you nervous.

Magic Vacation Title messed up my paperwork four times. Not exaggerating either... four times! After the first time, I told them the multiple errors (and inconsistent errors, spelling my wife's last name wrong three different ways -- and it's a common last name!). They FINALLY got it correct after the owner of the listing agency told them to get their act together.

I don't know if all title companies that deal in DVC are as bad as ***, but *** was awful. Sloppy beyond comprehension -- and this stuff really matters to get correct!

Magic Vacation Title messed up my paperwork four times. Not exaggerating either... four times! After the first time, I told them the multiple errors (and inconsistent errors, spelling my wife's last name wrong three different ways -- and it's a common last name!). They FINALLY got it correct after the owner of the listing agency told them to get their act together.

I don't know if all title companies that deal in DVC are as bad as ***, but *** was awful. Sloppy beyond comprehension -- and this stuff really matters to get correct!

Sorry to read this, good news was mine was resolved quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter