Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks pretty good. But my first impression of those "on the water" accommodations were boats. But looking at it more closely the throughput through those docks don't make sense for transportation.

Looks good to me.

They look like houseboats. That would be very interesting concept if those are something like houseboat accommodations.

They look like houseboats. That would be very interesting concept if those are something like houseboat accommodations.

That's exactly what I thought. Then I figured they might actually be sea-worthy. Now, I'm wondering if they will be able to dock at MK, Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian. You could visit MK with your mid-day rest quarters or lunch spot right outside. Or drive the whole family to the Polynesian for dinner one night, or have the kids wake up in front of the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's.

That's exactly what I thought. Then I figured they might actually be sea-worthy. Now, I'm wondering if they will be able to dock at MK, Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian. You could visit MK with your mid-day rest quarters or lunch spot right outside. Or drive the whole family to the Polynesian for dinner one night, or have the kids wake up in front of the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's.
Now that would be an adventure worth trying at least once!

That would be so much of a problem I'm sure it wouldn't even be considered. They have enough trouble with people with scooters running into things, can you imagine the chaos having somebody that doesn't know what they're doing driving around in a houseboat? For sure at least 1 of them would be sunk in the 1st 6 months!

That would be so much of a problem I'm sure it wouldn't even be considered. They have enough trouble with people with scooters running into things, can you imagine the chaos having somebody that doesn't know what they're doing driving around in a houseboat? For sure at least 1 of them would be sunk in the 1st 6 months!

Houseboat that can NOT be moved. Stationary.

I am holding hope that they will build a new FW railroad, based on the original plans, of connecting FW and FW Lodge. But, this time include a stop at Reflections.

I find it interesting that this variant of the Buffalo Junction project is being done after almost 30 years of being shelved. Still, I don't see a western theme in this concept art.

Meh... I mean, it looks nice.... for some other location. Just really clashes with the Fort vibe to me. The frontier-themed stuff has always had a high association with "old time Disney"/good old days feelings for me so it's tough to see them shoehorn 'high-end' stuff in there with it.

Once again... if you look back on previous posts. I said the footprint for this thing is huge. It is butt up against pioneer hall, the horses stables are going to be a parking lot, and the fort wilderness beach is gone. I don’t know why I bother posting things on here when all I get is people arguing with me.

Now that it's under construction, is there any indication where the main entrance to this resort will be. Wondering if it will connect up directly with Wilderness lodge's entrance.

Reflections is going to have the 2 person studios like Riviera.
Where is this coming from? I haven't seen it posted/suggested anywhere else yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a small number to show "cheap" rooms to sell more points (AK Value, BWV Standard, BLT Standard, and DRR Tower).

Where is this coming from? I haven't seen it posted/suggested anywhere else yet. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a small number to show "cheap" rooms to sell more points (AK Value, BWV Standard, BLT Standard, and DRR Tower).
Some info I had.

I just hope there are a lot of them.

$60 a night in dues (including tax) could get a stay there for us on occasion "if" avail under 7 months, same with DRR.

Not buying in at either though.

I hope the 2 person studios dont have murphy beds like at the Riveria

Agreed. Although it really depends on the mattress. We have one and it's not an issue at all.

And even so for the cost we would/will still do it.

I would normally agree but in my past experience with Disney, some of there more interesting bed choices tend to be horrible to sleep on. In the past year at last minute trips, I have book at the carribean beach and port orleans for a night or two each and was in the pirates room and the Princess room, and although the beds look nice and have a traditional mattress, I still slept horrible on them and my back wasnt happy. Now the best mattresses I have slept on in the past year at Disney would be first all Club Level at the Yacht Club and then maybe the Swalphin then the Grand Floridian. I have stayed at other moderate rooms in the past and I have stayed in more recently renovated rooms at some of the Deluxe resorts, to me it seems the quality of bedding has gone down at Disney properties in the past year. So i am not holding out hope for Disneys Murphies. I suspect they will prob be a cheaper quality but I wont know till i try them. I am hopping for a bed review from someone staying in on at the Riveria this year

Dolphin mattresses and linens are wonderful since the renovation. Thanks for sharing about club level Yacht club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!