New enhanced US security measures - any experiences?

I would assume so yes. There are no hours for security listed on the YVR website (odd, since customs has hours posted) so I would assume if customs opens at 4:30am security would have to be open by 3:30am? 4am at the latest I would think! I think the first flight (to the US) leaves YVR 5 or 5:30am so yeah, security would have to be open at least 2 hours before that flight. The earliest we have ever flown out of YVR was 7am so everything was open by the time we went through.

Yeah, funny they don't post security hours. I searched YVR site and couldn't find anything.
6am flight, and who knows how long security and customs queues will be now. Such a PITA! Hopefully someone will be flying out of YVR this summer and will post findings about wait times! I guess I'll just suck it up and be there 3 hrs before flight. I like that early Alaska 8:20 direct to Ft Lauderdale from seatac flight, but YVR connector flight @ 6:00 not so much! The direct to MCO is 7:50 so connection time a bit tighter. But either flight gets us in at a decent time. The price I have to pay I guess to arrive between 4&5:00!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter