New Epcot Resort coming soon?

Any word on if this is going to be a DVC property or a "regular" hotel?

I’d also assume looking at the overhead from the article that the “site A” area would be the actual hotel, while “site B” would likely be the parking lot area for said hotel.

My gut says DVC, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a split component to it (regular rooms and DVC). All conjecture though

My thought would be combination - now if it is within one structure or like the main hotel is the center part and then a DVC wing (sort of like Contemporary and BLT) I think is TBD

I would just be surprised if it would be 100% DVC given the "flagship" location, but at the same time can't imagine them building anything without DVC at least somewhere in the plan (even if for a future expansion)

The logistics of this interests me. I know Disney has done this type of thing before in the overseas parks, but just interested how they’ll add in the infrastructure for the hotel and all the traffic with it, without totally making a mess out of the Epcot entrance

I agree Site A would be the more Ideal place. It puts it right on the Monorail loop giving it that Contemporary feel and allows for easy guest movement. No extra Bus Stations needed as it would share the Epcot Bus Stops.. The question is how tall would it be, would it be in the shadow of SpaceShip Earth?

Wondering if the project 89 stockpile could be benefiting from the excavation of the hotel project at epcot?

Dig it up from epcot for your new hotel, store it just down the road, and move into the river country beach to firm up the soils for building.

Site A would also put the monorail from TTC to Epcot out of service for awhile. But they will have extra buses when the gondola's ..aka "Soaring Live" open for use...

I think you have a 50/50 Chance that this might not be the case. Although it would make sense to take down the Epcot Line if you were to to say have to do some type of beam enlargement for New Monorails, if the new ones arent retrofitted they would need that, If you were just building a Hotel though, there are ways to build around the Platform while keeping it up and running, it would take alot of work walls and prob need to be done at night to minimize interruptions to guests until you get the structure above the Loop Height but it can be done with minimal interruptions for a price. One Big Benefit of putting a Resort infront of Epcot is that you can work at night without a problem unlike the Tower at Coronado.

In my oppinion though Disney just needs to invest in buying there own cranes and Disney Themeing aka Character Wraping them since it seems like WDW is going to Be even more Crane Central for prob the next Decade

the Epcot bus stations just go to hotels

You are correct but they could easily move some Stops around and have a couple of resorts share a stop like they do at other locations. They would only need to add DHS and Animal Kingdom, and run Disney Springs one before 4pm to really make a difference.

I find it incredibly unlikely that if Disney was to build a resort structure around the existing Epcot monorail station, that they wouldn't allow guests to board/disembark from it while it's surrounded by a live construction site. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, in my eyes. I could see it going down for a portion of time and then being walled off accordingly for the safety of guests, maybe.

I find it incredibly unlikely that if Disney was to build a resort structure around the existing Epcot monorail station, that they wouldn't allow guests to board/disembark from it while it's surrounded by a live construction site. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, in my eyes. I could see it going down for a portion of time and then being walled off accordingly for the safety of guests, maybe.
While unlikely yes I am not sure why it would be a lawsuit.

I know when the grand Floridian was built, the monorail would run through the station frame for a while (there’s videos of such on YouTube). However I think you’re right that they’d take it down for periods at a time while the area around the monorail was done.

I’m wondering if maybe this hotel would be set back a bit from the existing station, which would mean they’d share a station with Epcot and not have in physically a part of the hotel.

While unlikely yes I am not sure why it would be a lawsuit.
Might've been a little harsh on my end. Has Disney ever had any instances of guests being harmed due to construction work? I just feel like they would do whatever they could to actively prevent any accidents. I'm sure it'd be fine, but it just doesn't add up for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter