New Epcot Resort coming soon?

There is still the rumor of the third phase of DHS not sure which IP is currently the topic of discussion on that one but there is still more space at DHS to add more attractions.
Not really a third phase but another attraction yes. Indiana Jones is one of the IPs in question.

Oh is buried somewhere I am sure Rteetz can dig it up, I think that rumour has died down alot, but its out there

I fully agree with ADDS being better - but it's not like they are knocking down one super popular thing to replace it with another - I mean, how many people did Universe of Energy really get a day? Not what the capacity was, but people that actually went on it? I am sure that is a fraction of what will go to the new Guardains ride, so while it is a net neutral as far as number of attraction it will take people away from other things much more than Universe of Energy did
UoE wasn't popular but its capacity and popularity are two different things. It was a high capacity attraction. Those vehicles took a ton of people.

Not really a third phase but another attraction yes. Indiana Jones is one of the IPs in question.

Yep there is talk about bringing in Disneylands Indy Ride to WDW but Its been talked about as a possibility at both AK and DHS so thats all in the air to.

Yep there is talk about bringing in Disneylands Indy Ride to WDW but Its been talked about as a possibility at both AK and DHS so thats all in the air to.
Actually no this is not the Indy ride from DL. This is a new boat ride using the Shanghai Pirates technology.

UoE wasn't popular but its capacity and popularity are two different things. It was a high capacity attraction. Those vehicles took a ton of people.

that's my point - just because it had the capacity to take in a lot of people, didn't mean it actually was taking in those people - even on super busy days ... so the demand for other attractions in that park will go down once this opens, even if the actual capacity is lower than what UoE could do

Actually no this is not the Indy ride from DL. This is a new boat ride using the Shanghai Pirates technology.
My mistake , I forgot the latest was the water ride aspect. In any case its still been mentioned at either Park. A water ride would take up a large footprint although they could do it like Pandora and use the building for two rides.

My mistake , I forgot the latest was the water ride aspect. In any case its still been mentioned at either Park. A water ride would take up a large footprint although they could do it like Pandora and use the building for two rides.
If it is indeed the boat ride its for DHS. AK is not expected to get another boat ride. The DL Indy ride was rumored to take over Dinosaur at AK at one point. Disney apparently is realizing they will need more capacity at DHS even after Star Wars.

If it is indeed the boat ride its for DHS. AK is not expected to get another boat ride. The DL Indy ride was rumored to take over Dinosaur at AK at one point. Disney apparently is realizing they will need more capacity at DHS even after Star Wars.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Build a cool new land for a park that needs it......and by doing it, you'll overwhelm the park even more.

DHS is still the home of the Stage Show, I hope Disney doesnt cheap out and put in another one of those as a means to "add on"

Stage shows are still an important part of capacity at the parks. I'd agree DHS doesn't need another. However I think Epcot and MK could use one. The recently scrapped plans for the main street theatre, seem to indicate disney thought it was a good idea too....up until they had to pay for it.

DHS is already getting $1+ billion invested. Epcot is rumored to be $2 billion, AK was under $1 billion but not by a whole lot. AK definitely could do some more though.

Agree. The new investments are very impressive. However ANYTIME there's discussion of a 5th park, people need to understand that they're advocating Disney spend BILLIONS of dollars on infrastructure before a single attraction is dropped in. We shouldn't be rooting for dollars invested in roads, utilities, parking lots, backstage offices and park hubs to service a 5th destination, just because it would represent something new and different. That money is better spent elsewhere.

Agree. The new investments are very impressive. However ANYTIME there's discussion of a 5th park, people need to understand that they're advocating Disney spend BILLIONS of dollars on infrastructure before a single attraction is dropped in. We shouldn't be rooting for dollars invested in roads, utilities, parking lots, backstage offices and park hubs to service a 5th destination, just because it would represent something new and different. That money is better spent elsewhere.
Disney is spending money of infrastructure even without a 5th park. The amount of road construction going on is incredible.

They share amenities. I stayed there in January. I very much felt connected to the contemporary more than just a walkway.

This. Other than the DVC members only top of the world lounge all food and shopping is in the contemporary tower.

Buses and monorail are all at the contemporary too.

But that's much closer than some resorts have on their whole grounds, thinking of those outer buildings at CBR, POR and CSR to the main lobby or pool areas. CSR is improving with the bridges and restaurant across the lake and such. Plus you're basically walking over to the main area of the Contemporary if you use the walkway. If you take the elevator to the ground floor it's easy enough to walk over to the buses through the parking lot. Way better than schlepping halfway across the resort to fill up your mugs in the morning.

The point I was trying to make was that the Riviera Resort will share some amenities with CBR, won't it? If so, it is like BLT in that it is separate with some shared amenities.

Disney is spending money of infrastructure even without a 5th park. The amount of road construction going on is incredible.

At this point I’m not sure if I’m doing a poor job of making my point or if you are just being deliberately antagonistic.

I’m not talking about Disney’s current, MUCH-NEEDED investments in attractions and infrastructure. The hypothetical is directed at all of the 5th park truthers who seem to view that as either a necessity or an inevitability. The question is...when Disney begins deliberating how to spend the NEXT $4 billion in Florida, do you really want half spent to turn 500 acres of Florida swampland into yet another park, leaving (at best) $2B for attractions? Or would you rather they spend the entire $4B on new attractions and enhancements for the current destinations?

At this point I’m not sure if I’m doing a poor job of making my point or if you are just being deliberately antagonistic.

I’m not talking about Disney’s current, MUCH-NEEDED investments in attractions and infrastructure. The hypothetical is directed at all of the 5th park truthers who seem to view that as either a necessity or an inevitability. The question is...when Disney begins deliberating how to spend the NEXT $4 billion in Florida, do you really want half spent to turn 500 acres of Florida swampland into yet another park, leaving just $2B for attractions? Or would you rather they spend the entire $4B on new attractions and enhancements for the current destinations?
Got it. I would rather $4B spent on existing parks and resorts.

The point I was trying to make was that the Riviera Resort will share some amenities with CBR, won't it? If so, it is like BLT in that it is separate with some shared amenities.

Sorry I was just saying it's super close and convenient and not a bad thing at all. I don't have the experience or foresight to know if they'll be sharing any amenities at all. I feel like BLT is kind of a special case perhaps. But I think with the enhancement they're trying to do at CBR might point to some sharing or at least with it being close some cross-over of the table service is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter