Not at all, it's not. It's forcing out many people who are not capable of being at the parks at an insane hour of the morning.
Actually it’s completely fair, in that everyone has an equal chance to get a BG.
It’s a virtual line. People who show up at open and get a BG are in line.
If it was a physical line, you would still be behind all those people if you arrive at the park later in the day.

Last edited:
Actually it’s completely fair, in that everyone has an equal chance to get a BG.
If it was a physical line, you would still be behind all those people if you arrive at the park later in the day.
what we were saying is that Disney could randomly dispersed boarding groups throughout the day, and you can randomly pick one up throughout the day. It actually gives people an incentive to stay in the park the entire day to try to snag a boarding group throughout the day, rather than just arriving at 7am.

I think the most fair is actually a user payers system where the more money a person has spent/or will spend the more chance they should have just like the fastpass system . I think it should actually be something like deluxe fastpass at 60 , moderates at 50 , value at 40 ( where i stay ) ,everyone else 30 days . people staying on site are more likely to eat all or most there meals on site and the fancier the hotel more money they will likely spend on food . if disney goes the way of everyone has the same shot like boarding past for the future they will make it more likely people will stay off site and they will make less profit

edit have a look at star wars land opening in LA . the first few days the boarding pass where all allocated to hotel guest and they saw a big increase of onsite hotel bookings

Yep

what we were saying is that Disney could randomly dispersed boarding groups throughout the day, and you can randomly pick one up throughout the day. It actually gives people an incentive to stay in the park the entire day to try to snag a boarding group throughout the day, rather than just arriving at 7am.
Disney doesn’t do random. People will figure out the times and game the system. Also this would be harder on the ride. You can’t do something like that for a ride that’s unreliable.

I think the most fair is actually a user payers system where the more money a person has spent/or will spend the more chance they should have just like the fastpass system . I think it should actually be something like deluxe fastpass at 60 , moderates at 50 , value at 40 ( where i stay ) ,everyone else 30 days . people staying on site are more likely to eat all or most there meals on site and the fancier the hotel more money they will likely spend on food . if disney goes the way of everyone has the same shot like boarding past for the future they will make it more likely people will stay off site and they will make less profit

edit have a look at star wars land opening in LA . the first few days the boarding pass where all allocated to hotel guest and they saw a big increase of onsite hotel bookings
Ha... the outrage that would cause would be insane. The DL Star Wars opening was not as big as Disney wanted it to be. They expected much more.

I will never pay deluxe price my self but I have no problem with someone paying disney $600 plus a night on a hotel to have better options and more choice then me . just like at sports events if im paying $20 for nosebleed seats I dont expect the same views as someone who payed $1000 for front row .

the advantage of boarding groups is with breakdowns they can control flow of people but the could still issue limited amount of boarding groups to guest well before park open time

Disney doesn’t do random. People will figure out the times and game the system. Also this would be harder on the ride. You can’t do something like that for a ride that’s unreliable.

Then maybe Disney shouldn't have opened a ride that wasn't ready to be opened.

the advantage of boarding groups is with breakdowns they can control flow of people but the could still issue limited amount of boarding groups to guest well before park open time
That’s the biggest thing with this. Disney has more control doing things this was which really is the best way overall.

It’s ready. I rode it. It’s just not consistent and it could be a year before it is. There are so many moving parts in this attraction.

A bit of a contradiction...calling something that is so inconsistent, and breaking down regularly enough that they have to utilize boarding groups... "ready" 🤣

A bit of a contradiction...calling something that is so inconsistent, and breaking down regularly enough that they have to utilize boarding groups... "ready" 🤣
Flight of passage wasn’t perfect when it opened. No ride is. You need to work with getting guests through in order to get it up to par. Testing with CMs only does so much.

Wow-- cannot believe that rteetz needs to defend his position. This is State of the Art technology, I ride system like never been done before. Heck, I remember going on the Harry Potter ride in Universal when it opened and waiting over 2 hours due to it breaking down, and this was after it had been open over 2 months. Come on people, lets use some common sense. I trust Disney enough to feel that after 2 or 3 months this will be running a lot better then the Harry Potter ride.

Last edited:
It boggles my mind that people complaining about VQ doesn't realize if there wasn't, they'd be waiting in a 10 hr queue line, and guess what..probably still not be able to ride

People have reported waiting over a hour even with the BG. I can't imagine what it is without it

It boggles my mind that people complaining about VQ doesn't realize if there wasn't, they'd be waiting in a 10 hr queue line, and guess what..probably still not be able to ride

People have reported waiting over a hour even with the BG. I can't imagine what it is without it
And that queue would need to be dumped every time there is a big breakdown.

lol okay I’m not complaining about the queue at all - I think it’s brilliant. It’s just some people do not have the opportunity to arrive at DHS at 7am. I was just suggesting that Disney does not disperse all BG at the same time in the morning, but rather have multiple times throughout the day that they release them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!