New feature at Yacht Club resort

dclfun

DIS Veteran
Just went to Yacht Club as Iris in Special Request Reservations told me she knew where the special needs waterview rooms were located but couldn't tell me! She suggested that I ask for a tour. I went,as the view is important to me and I didn't want to pay extra if the view wasn't of the lake. I met a wonderful front desk CM who took the time to explain the rooms to me and who gave me a card to call the resort 5 days before arrival to make my needs known to the room assigner. There are only 10 "special needs rooms" out of 650. They are all located in a vertical row near the elevators, 1-5th floor, with the waterview rooms looking not at the water, but at the back entrance, facing the edge of Stormalong Bay ( behind trees). I didn't get to see the room as they were occupied, but if there was a view of the lake, you'd have to hang out over the balcony and peer around to see it. We then chose the standard view. Iris had told me that standard view meant "parking lot" but I was assured that the special needs standard view is actually a garden view. Now for the good part! I was told that all the rooms have been recently renovated, and that the special needs rooms have an automatic door, where you barely touch it and it opens for you to enter, then closes after entry. They have two types of bathrooms and both were said to be huge, also with new doors. Now for the downside-in concierge I was told that the only rooms available are smoking optional. Not an option for me, since I can't tolerate even lingering smoke. I'll report back though on the garden view room after Christmas. ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter