New food options in Toy Story Land?

They would be so smart to capitalize on the success of landmarks from the movies. Put in a full scale Pizza Planet as the restaurant. Put in Al's Toy Barn as the store and make it a main shop at DHS. Put in an interactive que like Dumbo that is designed to be Sunnyside Daycare where kids can play while they wait. There are so many icons they could use that we know they are going to pass up...
From the concept art Al's toy barn is going to be entrance/exit for toy story midway mania. It will also serve as the exit shop for the ride. The original did not have a shop at the exit

Seems unlikely they'll do a Pizza Planet since they already have Pizzerizzo nearby. It would have to be a restaurant offering stuff not found elsewhere inside the park.

Seems unlikely they'll do a Pizza Planet since they already have Pizzerizzo nearby. It would have to be a restaurant offering stuff not found elsewhere inside the park.

It's pretty clear from the concept art the Pizza Planet is not happening.

It's pretty clear from the concept art the Pizza Planet is not happening.

Concept art makes it look like the food location is made up of food packaging. Front looks like a box of animal crackers and the round part looks like a can of pringles or something

Since most of the complaints about HS food tends to be the lack of QS, I would think another QS would be a good idea.

If the theme of the "immersive" area is Andy's backyard, then Pizza Planet or Al's Toy Barn, etc. wouldn't fit. I think someone above noticed that the concept art looks like it looks like the restaurant is among some discarded (giant) food containers.

QS seems a perfect fit for an area geared towards kids as long as their ample seating. Which means it will probably be basic "kid friendly" QS food similar to what you'd expect to find at Cosmic Rays -- burgers, hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, fries, chips, etc.

If the theme of the "immersive" area is Andy's backyard, then Pizza Planet or Al's Toy Barn, etc. wouldn't fit. I think someone above noticed that the concept art looks like it looks like the restaurant is among some discarded (giant) food containers.

QS seems a perfect fit for an area geared towards kids as long as their ample seating. Which means it will probably be basic "kid friendly" QS food similar to what you'd expect to find at Cosmic Rays -- burgers, hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, fries, chips, etc.

I agree - though hope they get a little creative or at least some slightly different options - but still kid friendly. Thinking of some of the things they have at Disneyland, like really good corn dogs, or the Jolly Holiday combo (grilled cheese and tomato soup - my son would love that!), or mac n cheese in a cone ... stuff like that

But as I just said, there is no Al's Toy Barn in the new concept art, and what is being built, very closely matches the art.
The original concept art made it look like the entrance to the land (with Al's Toy Barn right there) to be where Launch Bay is. I originally thought they would tear down Launch Bay and just have the main entrance be through the old Animation Courtyard.

Still curious how that entrance area will be (and what they will do with the old Pixar Place street.

The original concept art made it look like the entrance to the land (with Al's Toy Barn right there) to be where Launch Bay is. I originally thought they would tear down Launch Bay and just have the main entrance be through the old Animation Courtyard.

Still curious how that entrance area will be (and what they will do with the old Pixar Place street.

Pixar Place will become back stage.

I hope they try to incorporate some healthier options into the quick-service. I'm betting on a picnic theme with some salad/fruit options, elevated hot dogs, etc. Maybe "The Slinky Dog" becomes the next butter beer.

I hope they try to incorporate some healthier options into the quick-service. I'm betting on a picnic theme with some salad/fruit options, elevated hot dogs, etc. Maybe "The Slinky Dog" becomes the next butter beer.

I do hope they leverage Sautu'li Canteen and saw that you can do "different" and somewhat healthy and be popular

Or maybe go retro and the types of food parents had when they were kids (so in the 60s, 70s, 80s) - pigs in a blanket, fluffernutters, Tang to drink, stuff like that

Maybe a "Sid's BBQ". The CMs could wear Punisher T-Shirts like Sid's.

latest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!