New Four Diamond Hotel coming to Disneyland

Ah thank you sir. Interesting, I’ve always felt that Disneyland has always been a mess with guest glow getting to and from the parks because frankly it wasn’t designed to be a resort and Eisner kinda just cobbled one together (not a bad idea but just lukewarm execution). It seems no matter what they do to try and alleviate it, it’s always gonna be an issue unless they’re able to expand the property which doesn’t seem too likely

Ah thank you sir. Interesting, I’ve always felt that Disneyland has always been a mess with guest glow getting to and from the parks because frankly it wasn’t designed to be a resort and Eisner kinda just cobbled one together (not a bad idea but just lukewarm execution). It seems no matter what they do to try and alleviate it, it’s always gonna be an issue unless they’re able to expand the property which doesn’t seem too likely
Disney can and will buy properties when they want. Just a year or so ago they bought a hotel across the street.

Disney can and will buy properties when they want. Just a year or so ago they bought a hotel across the street.
True but if you see the pushback they got from the attempted westcot development then you’d see massive acquisitions at once are a more difficult thing. They have to kinda go piecemeal with their approach

Any word of what this means for the expansion of DCS into where the buses are now for Marvel Land (since that was part of the Easter Gateway Project as well)

Any word of what this means for the expansion of DCS into where the buses are now for Marvel Land (since that was part of the Easter Gateway Project as well)
Good point. The Eastern Gateway was crucial to freeing up space for the presumed Marvel Land.

I posted a larger post in the main News thread, but it echoed a lot of what you all said here... I’m nervous about the Disneyland Hotel getting boxed in, really concerned about the monorail station being part of the new hotel.

However, I’m really excited about the hotels being connected with gardens and pathways, etc. I think that will be awesome.

As far as DVC is concerned, the rumor I saw was that the rooms will be on the Paradise Pier side of the new hotel

The worst thing about this - if true...is it puts paradise pier behind another parking garage and completely walls off the Disneyland hotel behind other stuff.

Those really aren't worth the prices if all goes to plan.
I agree that the area seems to be too compacted, but I don't think the PPH has any rooms that look out from the ends of the building, in the direction of the new parking garage.

Seems like a decent hotel and I'm sure the area will be nice when completed. But really, does Disneyland need another $500/night hotel? What about a value hotel? Or even a nice little moderate?

Seems like a decent hotel and I'm sure the area will be nice when completed. But really, does Disneyland need another $500/night hotel? What about a value hotel? Or even a nice little moderate?
Disneyland doesn’t have a resort structure like WDW. The three current hotels would probably be considered deluxes at WDW or Paradise Pier would be a moderate at the very least. Disney knows they can sell more luxury rooms so they will.

Disneyland doesn’t have a resort structure like WDW. The three current hotels would probably be considered deluxes at WDW or Paradise Pier would be a moderate at the very least. Disney knows they can sell more luxury rooms so they will.

Yeah I know they don't have a structure, but it would be nice if they had some more accessible hotels like WDW's values. Paradise Pier is more moderately priced but it also isn't that nice for what you pay, and it's so far away.

Suppose I'll just continue to stay at the good neighbor hotels across Harbor

The reality is you have your value hotels on the eastern side of the parks, all within a walking distance. By walking distance, I mean it's a shorter walk from the hotel lobbies to entrance security, than it is from most rooms to bus stops at the florida properties. These are all basic corporate hotels.

I'm going to assume that the pool(s) area will be tucked behind the buildings so that they're not visible to DTD traffic. I'm also hoping that security discourages people from allowing their kids to play in the fountains out front. Also, is there even a theme to this hotel?

The reality is you have your value hotels on the eastern side of the parks, all within a walking distance. By walking distance, I mean it's a shorter walk from the hotel lobbies to entrance security, than it is from most rooms to bus stops at the florida properties. These are all basic corporate hotels.

yeah, and one good thing of the Eastern Gate Project not going through is that closeness and convenience for those hotels stays. so this is definitely good for those hotels and thus for people that can't/don't want to pay the price for the Disney hotels

The Disneyland hotels don't really have "themes" in the same sense as Walt Disney World properties. They merely have different styles.

I guess that's true, but at the Grand it's the Craftsman Style with lodge feeling of Yosemite or Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks. I've always felt like theming was lacking at the PP and DLH in comparison to WDW resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter