New Garmin or something else?

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by pinkxray, Jan 12, 2018.

1. pinkxray

pinkxray DIS Veteran

I am hoping to sign up for the 1/2 marathon in Nov. I’ve been out of really running for about 4 years due to 2 pregnancies and 2 babies since 2013.

Back when I was running I had a Garmin 210, I think. I need something similar. I just want to be able to see my current running pace, pace per mile and distance as I go. I am looking at maybe a Garmin 10 or 15? Is there any new brands or models I should be looking at?

2. MilesMouse

MilesMouse Earning My Ears

Have you found anything you like yet? I've done Fitbit and Garmin, but I think I'm going to stick with Garmin. If you're looking for a good option with pretty basic info like you mentioned then you're going to have plenty of options with most brands. It probably comes down to which manufacturer's app you like better. Garmin is going to be data heavy (which I love) but the fitbit app is a lot "prettier" and easy to read with their dashboard. Or, most third party apps now integrate with almost any device if you have a preference. Fitbit also has a pretty strong community to join virtual groups and has more of a social media feel to it...but I get that from this board already :)

3. GreatLakes

GreatLakes DIS Veteran

If you are interested in a fitness tracker that can also be used as a running watch take a look at the Garmin VivoActive series. The original is pretty old now but the HR and 3 are both excellent choices for a daily watch that tracks your steps, heart rate, sleep, etc along with a GPS watch for any activities.