New here...??? about dates.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissamomof2

Earning My Ears
You all are such a wealth of imformation, I thought maybe you could help. We are thinking of vacationing with our new timeshare from March 29th- April 5th. Will the weather in Orlando be warm enough to enjoy the pools? I was told by a rep at Interval international that they expect heavy crowds toward the end of April b/c of late Easter/spring breaks. The only other time we could go is may 10th- the 17th. Is there that much differance between the 2 dates? We are leaning toward the March date....

Also, where do you all purchase your tickets at?

Thank you in advance

Melissa

Welcome to the Dis!

I would go when you have planned, in March. We went that week(end of March, into April) one year when Easter was a couple weeks later. The weather was beautiful(a little too hot for some people, but great for me). We wore shorts the whole time, day & night, and swimming felt great. There were some crowds & lines, but it wasnt too bad. This was before Fast Pass,a nd before I knew about Early Entry too. Plus, it definitely wasnt as crowded as we have seen it other times, namely Columbus day weekend. Ive never been in May so I cant really compare it to then, but I wouldnt hesitate to go that week again, provided its not Easter.
Good luck with what you decide.

Welcome to the boards. Weather late March to early April is very often warm enough (low to mid 80's) for water activities particularly after 10 in the morning, although you can sometimes get very cool days (and you can also get days in the 90's). Crowds late March to early April will be quite heavy as it is part of the Spring Break weeks.

Easter is April 20. Crowds from April 14 to April 26 will make that crowded late March early April time look empty. During those two "Easter" break weeks you get the largest crowds of the year with huge lines (over two hours for popular attractions and sometimes over 3). Weather then will be ideal.

Crowds May 10 to 17 will actually be substantially less than late March to early April. Temperatures will very often reach or exceed 90.

You appear to be an ideal candidate for a hopper ticket (5, 6 or 7 day). If you buy tickets in advance they cost less than if you wait to buy them at WDW. You can do so by calling Disney direct 1-407-WDISNEY, and Disney Stores also sell most of the types of tickets. Also if you are a Disney Club member or member of some other organizations like AAA, you can get a further discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!