New here, but I'm going to give this a try!

Charilee7

Earning My Ears
I'm new to the boards so I'll introduce myself. I'm Chari, a 27 year old mom of one little princess (Miss J, age 6) and married to my bff Dan who is 30. I'm a recent grad of nursing school and this trip is a "Thank God it's over, and let's celebrate Miss J's birthday early because I'll hopefully have a new job in June!" trip LOL.

Miss J has been to Disney once for one day only and I have been 4 times in my life. Once when I was about 3, which I have no recollection of except that I came home with trench mouth and had to be hospitalized because I drank off of every bubbler in the park LMAO, the second time I was about 11 and stayed at Carribean Beach, and the third I was 18 and we stayed at DYC. The last was about 2 years ago for one day while visiting my grandpaprents who live down there. I am in LOVE with Disney and begged to honeymoon there, but DH said no way, we were getting away from kids for a week. Well we went on a cruise and were stuck out to sea in a hurricane, so I think old Walt heard him and taught him a lesson. :rotfl:

Twas the night before Christmas (it really was 12/24/09 :lmao:)and I called AAA and booked a trip. I didn't have time for much advanced planning to to being in hell, AKA nursing school. After I took my final on the 18th of December, I started pricing things online at disney.com and decided to go Feb. 5-10 at the Pop. We did 6 days of parks with the hopper, and we also did the DxDDP. I booked us some flights, arriving at 10:55AM on the 5th and departing at 6:45 on the 10th.

So now I decided to book some ADRs. I had yet to find this fantastical site, so I was basically just winging it LOL. I knew we wanted to do the Bibiddi Bopiddi Boutique with Miss J and then dinner at CRT after. I called and to the CM this and she booked me for 5:15 at BBB for the castle package and then an 8:10 dinner at CRT. After looking at this site, I'm shocked I got either. :banana:

I didn't have a problem with ADRs. I got all the ones I wanted, and maybe thats because I like to eat at off times? I booked 4 character breakfasts, all at about 9:30 AM to give us enought time to get up, showered and dressed and to wherever we needed to be in time. I booked us for the 7:10 Hoopdedoo Review on the Monday, but with level 3 seating :sad2: but hey, I guess I should just be glad we got in.

The only one I wanted that I couldn't get was Le Cellier, which is a bummer because DH and I are HUGE steak lovers.

I was bummed to learn I only have 5 days of dining because we are only there 5 nights. I didn't book us lunch on the day we arrive, lunch on the Sunday when we plan to do CRT, or any meals for the day we leave, but other than that, we are booked for a table service meal at every meal, and we still have one left to use, I'm just not sure where/when we plan to use it. I'm going to try to figure out how to maximize snacks to get us through some of the left over meals and spend as little on food as possible, while maximizing my value for the dollar on the dining plan.

DH and I are total foodies, and I am so excited to eat :woohoo:.

Next I decided DD needed some pins, so we ordered those on ebay, now I am deciding if I may need some too LOL. We are rounding up the princess dresses from Halloweens past, and packing those too. Do your kids wear them to the parks? I figured better safe than sorry, so I'll pack them. I also founf her a cute little pair of Crocs (the gabby ones) in hopes I won't hear too many complaints about the walking LOL.

So any tips and/or tricks would be appreciated. One question I have is I opted for a standard room, do I still get to pick which area at the Pop we stay in??? If so I'd love some suggestions!

Thanks to anyone who made it this far along in my disney rant!!! :)

Welcome aboard! I was in your shoes when I found the DIS, too - it's a fantastic resource! Congrats on getting almost all of your ADR's - that is pretty amazing within the time frame! :thumbsup2

I'll be excited to read more! Do you have park day plans set or anything?

I think I have plans, but we all know how that goes so I'm going to try my best to stick to it.

Friday: We arrive around 11 AM, hope to get to Pop by noon, but I have no idea if thats realistic. I am hoping we will be able to check in early, get our stuff to our room and go to MK. If not, I think we will grab a snack at Pop, pick up a lanyard and autograph book in their store and then go. We have reservations at Tony's at 6:40pm. So we are just going to putt around MK and let DD decide what she wants to do that afternoon/evening.

Saturday: 9:35 ADR at Akershus. I'd like to do the Kimpossible thing at Epcot, so that will be our next step. We have a 2:10 ADR at Coral Reef, and a 7:50pm ADR at Rose and Crown. I am hoping with that one we will get to see Illuminations, but I'm not sure.

Sunday:9:35 ADR at 1900 Park Fare for the charactor b'fast. Then we will head over to MK. We have a 2:30 ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. Then it's 5:30 at the BBB and an 8:10pm ADR at CRT.

Monday: AK is the park of the day. 9:35 ADR for the safari b'fast and 2:00 at Yak and Yeti for lunch. That night we have 7:15 ARD for the Hoop-dee-doo review.

Tuesday: It's DHS day. 9:35 ADR for Play and Dine. 2:25 ADR for Sci-fi Theatre. Then we are going to head to DTD for a Planet Hollywood ADR at 7:15 and some shopping.

Wedneday: Our flight departs at 6:45pm, so I am leaving that day open. I don't really care what we do LOL, so I'll leave it up to DD.

I got the hopper option, but now that I type this out I don't think I need it? Can I remove it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!