New here -- just bought DVC

HockeyKat

DIS Veteran
I am new to this board. My husband took me to WDW for the first time back in September, and hooked me. He has been 20+ times in his life. I have been 3 times now, Sept, Oct, and last week. We live in NC, so WDW is fairly close to us, about a 8.5-9 hour drive. We have no children and no plans for any.

We did the SSR DVC tour in October, and came close to buying, but still had some outstanding debts to pay off. We have done some creative juggling after finding out our new house had appreciated 30% in one year, so took a rental trip to OKW in a studio last week to determine if the "cheapest" DVC accomodation would still be acceptable. We also toured BWV and BCV. We decided that BWV was absolutely the one for us.

Upon our return on Thursday, we perused the resale listings, found a good one, and made an offer on a BWV resale through the Timeshare Store. It was accepted within 30 minutes. Deposit goes in the mail on Monday, and then we get to wait for ROFR.

The contract is 210 points at $85/pt, and comes w/ 210 '06 and 5 '05 points. We are having the owner bank all 210 before March 1 as part of the deal, regardless of when closing happens.

Our overall plan is a 5 night one-bedroom stay in September, and two other 5 night studio stays throughout the year, one likely in January and the other TBD. I was not really a fan of October, so it may be first week in Nov, May, not sure yet. We may also try for a GV at some point and invite his parents, brother/SIL, and 2 nieces.

We can't wait to book our first trip in September!!!:goodvibes

-Kat

Congratulations and Welcome!:welcome:

Your travel times sound really good. Before we had children and before they were old enough to not want to pull out of school we visited in May (around Mother's Day) and loved it. The weather was always wonderful, a little rainy sometimes, but hey, its Florida. Now we visit in late May and it's amazing what a few weeks can do to temperatures.

I know you will enjoy your DVC.:thumbsup2

Welcome to the DIS and DVC they are both such wonderful places to be.

Good luck with the ROFR - hope you get the "right" answer very soon.

With all those "extra" points, it sounds like you will get a good deal.

Welcome to the Dis and good luck with ROFR.

Please keep us posted.

congratulations and WELCOME HOME. enjoy all of your trip planning and vacations. you'll not regret it!

Right up the road from yall in Burlington.

Welcome Home Neighbor and Welcome to the DIS!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Why I don't like October... I have to admit, I am a bit of a crowd-phobe. We did get to go to the F&W festival, which was was great, but not worth the extra crowds that seemed to be there because of it and MNSSHP.

However, we were there toward the end of Oct, so I wouldn't be against trying the beginning, or the first week in Nov, as I hear those times are less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter