New here....need help w/ disney honeymoon plans

atg724

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I are planning on going to WDW for our honeymoon next June and we want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for about 2 weeks. My question to you is, would I get a better deal by joining the Disney Club, or by getting an annual pass? If we joined the Disney Club we may go with a package, like the discovery magic. Would we get much of a discount on the package with Disney Club membership? The other route we're considering is getting an annual pass and paying as we go for meals,etc...would we get a good discount this way? Thanks for your help.

I'll tell you what we did and you can decide if this sounds like you. We didn't belong to the DC and I wish we had because my understanding is that you get 10% - 15% off. I don't have the chart with me here. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, I just joined DC in September.) Anyway, so what we wound up doing was the Discovery Magic. If you're big eaters, this was a great deal because you use your wishes for meals and you get ALOT to eat. Appetizer, soup or salad, entree and dessert (that's around a $25-35 value). Of course what's cool about it is that the meal could be worth way more because you can eat anything. We tried prime rib, salmon, shoot me now chocolate confections, crazy salads, a sampler of ostrich, buffalo and venison. Also, they'll bring champagne or other fun goodies if they know you're on your honeymoon. Sorry, I don't know anything about the AP side of the coin.

Congratulations!!

minniemuse... you ate at Artist Point, didn't you? I think I ordered the exact same dish this August. SOOOoooo good. That is an excellent suggestion, by the way... my fiance and I had the same meal strategy, and we payed about $100 +tip for our meal. To have that Magic option would have been a savings!

Yeah, that was our first meal the afternoon we got there. We stayed at VWL and Artist Point was a great way to get kicked off Disney style. I had the cedar plank salmon and DH had the sampler. I didn't like the salmon too much, it was good, but too dry or something. So I started sampling his plate since I had never had any of those meats before.

Yum... I had the sampler and a berry cobbler that was the size of a dinner plate! It was really great to try the exotic meats... I think I actually liked Artist Pointe better than Victoria and Alberts, though that was also amazing.

ATG724, I've been to WDW 4 times and each time I've done it a different way. My next trip is a honeymoon also, and I chose to join the Disney Club for their discount. I booked the Discovery magic package for 8 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. I saved $300.00 on the package through the Disney Club. I will let you know that the DC does not discount on the Honeymoon Discovery magic package, and anyway the extra "perks" didn't seem worth the extra money. I hope this info helps with your decision.

I agree about the honeymoon discovery magic perks. We just went plain old DM. Sorry, didn't make that distinction.

How are your plans coming ATG?

atg:
I don't think its an either-or issue. The dividing line between park hopper and AP is about 8 days - anything longer, and you will want to get an AP for your park tickets. The question then becomes whether you can get a better discount with DC or with the AP. To be honest, I'm not sure about that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!