New Hollywood Studios Bus Loop question

Jaybrad

Old Disney Dude
We were at WDW last December. The walk from the bus stops to the entrance of Hollywood Studios was extreme for seniors. We are going back in May. Is the new bus stops open and are they closer to the entrance? Thanks Much

Stay at one of the Skyliner Resorts-the Skyliner Station at DHS is closer to the Turnstiles than any of the buses!

Yes the new loops are open, the walk is a bit closer than the temporary bus loop but not as close as it used to be.

But at least they'll be under cover. I always found it so hot and uncomfortable where they used to be without any shade at all. So you trade a slightly shorter walk for better weather and sun protection.

Stay at one of the Skyliner Resorts-the Skyliner Station at DHS is closer to the Turnstiles than any of the buses!
But they won’t be running in May will they?? Staying at Pop next month, would love if they were running!

But at least they'll be under cover. I always found it so hot and uncomfortable where they used to be without any shade at all. So you trade a slightly shorter walk for better weather and sun protection.
The original bus loop at dhs had a structure above each stop though to provide shade

Yeah i know but the poster was saying there was no shade before

I took it to mean at the temporary stops, not at the original stops. Those temporary stops were brutal.

My trip next month will be my last stay at Pop before the Skyliner opens, and before SWGE opens. I am torn about whether to deal with the long walk from the bus stop or just skipping the park altogether. That walk from the Pop stop isn’t all that much shorter than the walk from the temporary stop. I am sure they did that on purpose because it will be easier to just drop that stop if they decide not to continue bus service at some point or if they decide to combine stops with AoA and run fewer buses.

I don’t plan on doing the park at all for many months once SWGE opens.

I took it to mean at the temporary stops, not at the original stops. Those temporary stops were brutal.

My trip next month will be my last stay at Pop before the Skyliner opens, and before SWGE opens. I am torn about whether to deal with the long walk from the bus stop or just skipping the park altogether. That walk from the Pop stop isn’t all that much shorter than the walk from the temporary stop. I am sure they did that on purpose because it will be easier to just drop that stop if they decide not to continue bus service at some point or if they decide to combine stops with AoA and run fewer buses.

I don’t plan on doing the park at all for many months once SWGE opens.
The bus stop at DHS isn’t any worse than going to Epcot via bus from Pop. The Epcot entrance to Pop bus stop is one of the longest walks if not the longest. MK is a decent walk too.

The bus stop at DHS isn’t any worse than going to Epcot via bus from Pop. The Epcot entrance to Pop bus stop is one of the longest walks if not the longest. MK is a decent walk too.

I agree with MK being bad if you are staying at Pop. Epcot has a lot more shade over the walkway, so you don’t have to make the walk in the sun. Both offer some benches along the way to rest, which the temporary stops at DHS didn’t. I haven’t seen any benches in the photos of the new stops I have viewed, but I assume they have added some to give guests the opportunity to rest.

I agree with MK being bad if you are staying at Pop. Epcot has a lot more shade over the walkway, so you don’t have to make the walk in the sun. Both offer some benches along the way to rest, which the temporary stops at DHS didn’t. I haven’t seen any benches in the photos of the new stops I have viewed, but I assume they have added some to give guests the opportunity to rest.
plenty of benches along the way
skyliner-station-walk-way-Hollywood-studios-1200x900.jpg

plenty of benches along the way

That looks great! That makes so much difference if you have people in your travel party with stamina issues, and was really a problem for our group when using the temporary bus stops. It looks like those are closer the entrance, beside the Skyliner station, but I assume there are some closer to the actual bus stops as well.

So... as it sits right now...which HS bus stops are closest and which are at the far end of each section?
Is it true that a bus might drop you anywhere, but always pick up at its given stop? I tried to find a layout of the bus stops at HS now, but only found some showing a couple stops.

Those benches do look great. Too back they're not in shade but we can't have everything!

The original bus loop at dhs had a structure above each stop though to provide shade

Barely - somehow we always managed to get there when the line was so long you ended up pretty much in the sun. The new structure is like the MK bus stops where you have complete coverage. The temporary ones you had to get very friendly with everyone and scrunch up to get coverage. I'm hoping also for maybe large ceiling fans.

Barely - somehow we always managed to get there when the line was so long you ended up pretty much in the sun. The new structure is like the MK bus stops where you have complete coverage. The temporary ones you had to get very friendly with everyone and scrunch up to get coverage. I'm hoping also for maybe large ceiling fans.
they do have fans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter