New Hotels at DLP?

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Are there new hotels at DLP? i read something about an explorers hotel and a kyriad hotel? are they open? has anyone stayed there? do you still feel part of the magic?

thanks, pictures would be cool if you have them!:earsboy: :teeth:

There's been lots of development on the hotel front at DLP over the past 12 months. There are four new hotels and a Marriott vacation resort under development:
. The Explorers' Hotel - mid-range, aimed at the British arket and loosely themed around a French Manor house
. The Park Hotel - mid-range, aimed at German market, will open in 2004
. The Kyriad - budget, part of a French hotel chain
. The Holiday Inn - luxury, part of the international chain of hotels and has been described as their flagship hotel in France.

The Explorers' and the Kyriad are both open, the Holiday Inn will open shortly I think, and the Park Hotel will open next year. There's also a major new developent by Marriott who are building a holiday complex comprising small villas and self-catering apartments in a complex near the golf course.

All this new development is on Disney property around Val d'Europe (the commercial, residential and retail district being developed by DLP). All are themed hotels, offering free shuttles to the parks and are marketed by DLP as "hotels in the magic" in the same way as exisiting DLP hotels (other local hotels are described as "near the magic"). I've not stayed as any of these hotels yet (the Explorers' looks like it has nice facilitities so I'll try that soon) so can't answer if they have that "magic" quality.I've not seen any photos from the new hotels, but the official DLP website has some artisits impressions as well as info about services and facilities.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter