New Ideas for Upcoming Trip to WDW

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I have been going to WDW for many, many years. We hooked my son-in-law in the past few years also. Each time we go, we try and do something new and different. We have done a few of the tours like the Keys to the Kingdom, Marceline Tour, etc. We have done a lot of the entertainment like dueling pianos, Bob Jackson, etc. As well we have done many of the character meals.

We are stuck on something new to try this upcoming trip in August. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

My daughter and I have been going to WDW for many, many years. We hooked my son-in-law in the past few years also. Each time we go, we try and do something new and different. We have done a few of the tours like the Keys to the Kingdom, Marceline Tour, etc. We have done a lot of the entertainment like dueling pianos, Bob Jackson, etc. As well we have done many of the character meals.

We are stuck on something new to try this upcoming trip in August. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

We are in the same boat! I love dessert parties, but my family is really sick of them. We've done the Steam Train tour, and that was neat, but I don't think DH would be thrilled to try another tour.
We're looking at staying one night at the GF (a surprise for DD16) at the end of our trip. It is her absolute favorite resort and she would just be beyond thrilled to stay there. But I cannot justify the cost right now, so I'm still considering other things.
I really want to try the cake decorating experience at Amorette's at DS, but there will be 4 of us this trip and $300 for 2 cakes we'll never finish, plus I can't get an ADR so.... We also looked at doing Hoop Dee Doo, that's still a maybe. So many options!!!

Wild Africa Trek is the best tour, to me, hands down. I would do that if you are physically able and haven't done it before.
Book a new restaurant - Storybook Dining is phenomenal!
Aim to meet new or rare characters
Make challenges (use all forms of transportation in one day, all 4 parks in one day, snack around the World, Drink around the World etc)

We are also looking at doing Hoop Dee Doo this trip. We haven't done the dessert parties. My daughter can be picky and I am not sure they would be worth the money. Any insights you can share on the dessert parties?

If Hoop Dee Doo is new to you I might consider trying that sooner rather than later. I've heard unconfirmed rumors from people who seem very knowledgeable about the resort that the show may not continue indefinitely if some anticipated changes at FW take shape.

The Void in Disney Springs. We did it with a group of 10 in November with ages ranging from 22-69 and everyone loved it! It was one of the highlights of our trip.

We like to change things up by checking out different resorts, sometimes doing split stays.

We've spent the last few years going to Universal, SeaWorld, and non-theme park Orlando attractions. There are lots of fun things to do outside the bubble.

We try to stay at new resorts once in a while. Plus, we try one new experience. This year we are staying at Boardwalk Villas and doing the rhino experience at AK. Last year we did the dessert party at MK. Next year maybe the Caring for the Giants at AK. I am always planning ahead.

*Cupcake walk. Hit up different resorts for cupcakes.
*Beer or cocktail walk, hit up different lounges for drinks & small plates.
*Appetizers at T-Rex and Dessert at Rain Forrest Cafe or vice-a-versa.
*The Boathouse car boat rides.
*Garden View Tea Room at GF.
*6 parks in 1 day challenge.
*Hidden Mickey’s. The person with the most hidden Mickey’s on their camera phone wins a prize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter