New Immersive Star Wars Experience Coming to Disney Springs in Florida

madasahatter

Earning My Ears
I don't know if anyone saw this yet. The Void is a company (local to me) that produces immersive VR experiences. Looks like they are putting a new immersive VR experience into Disney Springs in Florida and Downtown Disney in California.

"Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire will plunge guests directly into the iconic Star Wars galaxy. They will move freely throughout the untethered, social, and multi-sensory Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire experience in a way that allows them to interact and engage with friends, family and Star Wars characters. This ground-breaking experience will open to the public at two new VOID Experience Centers at Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort beginning this holiday season."

Star-Wars-970x418.png

https://blog.thevoid.com/star-wars-secrets-of-the-empire/

Last edited:

Tickets for my local experience are $25 per person. Obviously if it's at Disney the price could change drastically.

I've heard of this VOID virtual reality place. The son of one of my favorite authors (Tracy Hickman) is one of the owners/founders of this company, so I've been following their news feed. I saw that they recently joined forces with Disney but I wasn't expecting this .. so soon and in Disney Springs! Awesome!

Since it is virtual reality and the all the work is done in the computer screen, seems like something like that could go up quickly. All they need is a big building to make the course.

Could be a hit depending on the price point. VR + Star Wars + in a big tourist area .. i'd wager it would be upwards of $50/person.

Could it be the marketplace fun finds store? Granted the rumor came from wdwnewstoday but they did say that store would reopen as another Star Wars store. Seemed about right as it was too dead when I actually shopped in there. I think the cast members got excited somebody stopped in and then actually purchased stuff
Edit: just read above, that makes sense, relocate the Star Wars march to marketplace fun finds if that rumor is true

Hopefully this is still here next spring. Would love to do this with my hubby after lunch on our Disney Springs day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!