New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Howdy! Long time lurker, first time poster!

I’m a fellow Jersey-ian from Monmouth county! Our family owns 50 points at Copper Creek! We like to go to WDW every year for 4-5 days but with the pandemic and a baby coming in November, we aren’t going to WDW.
However we are doing a road trip down to HHI in April! We’ve never stayed at the DVC resort there. We figured with a baby and the pandemic this might be the best time to do something different to avoid crowds.

Has anyone ever driven down to HHI from NJ? What are your opinions of the DVC HHI resort? How is it with a baby? Thanks in advance!

I’m a fellow Jersey-ian from Monmouth county! Our family owns 50 points at Copper Creek! We like to go to WDW every year for 4-5 days but with the pandemic and a baby coming in November, we aren’t going to WDW.
However we are doing a road trip down to HHI in April! We’ve never stayed at the DVC resort there. We figured with a baby and the pandemic this might be the best time to do something different to avoid crowds.

Has anyone ever driven down to HHI from NJ? What are your opinions of the DVC HHI resort? How is it with a baby? Thanks in advance!

:welcome: Happy you decided to join us!! Sounds like a great plan! We have been driving down to Disney since DD was 2!! (DS was 16 months old his first drive down!) Thankfully my kids have always been amazing in the car!! Hopefully the baby will sleep most of the time! How old will they be at the time?

Welcome!:welcome:

You may be able to do a non stop trip to HHI, but we are not. We have either flown to Savannah, or stop in Smithville NC. The breakup is roughly 500 miles from Cape May where we live and then about 310 miles to HHI. Our next trip is driving in December.

Just know that only the Live Oak Lodge group of buildings has access to an elevator, and all buildings being villas on the second floor, so you will have steps to go up. The lodge building is a request, not booking category, unless you have a HA Villa.

We have been often in May, and it’s beautiful, I think April will be lovely for you as well!!

Welcome :welcome:, glad you found us! The more the merrier!

Have a GREAT trip! Can't attest to wait times in the parks, haven't been, but early evening yesterday was SO NICE at Disney Springs...Was dying for Blaze Pizza, Sooooo delic and quick! Gotta love the DVC discount also..For Disney Springs standards, pizza is relatively expensive..love that you can customize the pizza with has many toppings as you like..we also had a greek salad with vinagrette dressing which was also good..We ate outside on their patio, sun was just beginning to go down, great social distancing waiting on a short line ordering our pizzas..Not crowded at all, great to walk around, beautiful breeze, no humidity, weather here is changing, much less humidity, but still some nice sunny days..think we are "over the hump" of the extremely hot days, next couple of months through April are delightful! :thumbsup2 :cheer2:
I have been watching weather for a week or so. Even today it is still changing but it looks pretty good especially the night time temps. We will be in Disney Springs on Monday evening, meeting someone for dinner at STK.

Not to concerned about wait times, just looking forward to being there and not here.

I agree with everyone about the cooler weather, sweatshirts and that it seems to have gotten here quicker this year. Could this be a sign of the type of winter we are going to have. Always remember how there was a heat wave just when kids went back to school.

Will be heading for WDW on Sunday morning. Doing some things different. Changed from United to JetBlue because we felt JetBlue did a better job of social distancing and the better flight times. Will do carry on instead of checking bags so we have control of who touches our bags. And since both of us are retired, quarantining well not be a problem. Going grocery shopping on Friday to stock up.

Actually looking forward to this trip although it does look like crowds are picking up. Some of the wait times yesterday were getting up there.

Enjoy your trip. pooh:

Welcome. pooh:

Welcome!:welcome:

You may be able to do a non stop trip to HHI, but we are not. We have either flown to Savannah, or stop in Smithville NC. The breakup is roughly 500 miles from Cape May where we live and then about 310 miles to HHI. Our next trip is driving in December.

Just know that only the Live Oak Lodge group of buildings has access to an elevator, and all buildings being villas on the second floor, so you will have steps to go up. The lodge building is a request, not booking category, unless you have a HA Villa.

We have been often in May, and it’s beautiful, I think April will be lovely for you as well!!
I’ll definitely need to put a request for that building! Fingers crossed! We haven't done a road trip in quite some time so I'm actually looking forward to it! Hoping to make it one straight shot but I'm mentally preparing myself to make an overnight stop.

:welcome: Happy you decided to join us!! Sounds like a great plan! We have been driving down to Disney since DD was 2!! (DS was 16 months old his first drive down!) Thankfully my kids have always been amazing in the car!! Hopefully the baby will sleep most of the time! How old will they be at the time?
By that time our DD will be about 6 months old. Hopefully she will be good in the car!

Hello NJ, hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are have a banner weekend. Two of our grandchildren had a sleepover last night, it was very good to have them visit. In the early afternoon they helped DH put up some of his Halloween display, they had a great time doing that and they were a lot of help. After that we all went into the hot tub, they really love the hot tub. We had pizza for dinner and watched a Halloween movie after. They had us out of bed around 6:15 this morning, they don't believe in sleeping in...LOL! They are back home now and DH and I are enjoying the quiet. It was so much fun to have them visit but it's always nice to get back to normal.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. pixiedust:

Hello NJ, hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are have a banner weekend. Two of our grandchildren had a sleepover last night, it was very good to have them visit. In the early afternoon they helped DH put up some of his Halloween display, they had a great time doing that and they were a lot of help. After that we all went into the hot tub, they really love the hot tub. We had pizza for dinner and watched a Halloween movie after. They had us out of bed around 6:15 this morning, they don't believe in sleeping in...LOL! They are back home now and DH and I are enjoying the quiet. It was so much fun to have them visit but it's always nice to get back to normal.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. pixiedust:
Aww sounds fun! I put out some Halloween/autumn decorations this weekend as well. Today I watched the Christopher Robin movie with my daughter. Love that movie! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

^ Sounds wonderful!!

We saw a DS Friday to Saturday and that was great! For our first time this year, we enjoyed seafood on the Lobster House Dock, so it was special.

Sadly, he was heading north to be there for his DD ( 17) recovery from a scoliosis operation. Very hard recovery so far.

Hope everyone has been having an enjoyable weekend! Seemed more like summer than fall with the humidity this weekend. I look forward to later this week when the weather gets cooler again! I still ended up putting out some Halloween and Autumn decorations this weekend even though it didn't feel like fall.

^ Sounds wonderful!!

We saw a DS Friday to Saturday and that was great! For our first time this year, we enjoyed seafood on the Lobster House Dock, so it was special.

Sadly, he was heading north to be there for his DD ( 17) recovery from a scoliosis operation. Very hard recovery so far.

I hope all is well with your DS and DD, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter