New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters

This year is almost over and a new year is about to begin. With that my next trip to WDW is just around the corner and I'm getting very excited about that. I have started to put together things I'm bringing so I don't leave it all to the last minute.

I want to wish each and everyone one a very Happy New Year! Lets hope for a safe and peaceful year in 2020. Happy 2020! pixiedust: pixiedust:pixiedust:

This year is almost over and a new year is about to begin. With that my next trip to WDW is just around the corner and I'm getting very excited about that. I have started to put together things I'm bringing so I don't leave it all to the last minute.

I want to wish each and everyone one a very Happy New Year! Lets hope for a safe and peaceful year in 2020. Happy 2020! pixiedust: pixiedust:pixiedust:

Happy New Year Ms.Minnie and everyone else. pooh:

so I had some points banked that had to be used. My family has had a very difficult year, and had another bit of tragedy last week. My son, 26 yo and I decided to get away, to help with some grieving. I am using points to stay at Contemporary, club level for three days next week. Maybe one day theme park, maybe not, pool time, cocktails, monorail crawl, boat rides. Let me know if y'all have any other ideas.

Hello everyone!!!
So glad I found this thread. We are from Bergen County and own at Polynesian for now (waiting for a Boardwalk contract to pass ROFR ). Question: being from NJ how many actually buy annual passes? debating whether to add direct points for that perk only.

Hello everyone!!!
So glad I found this thread. We are from Bergen County and own at Polynesian for now (waiting for a Boardwalk contract to pass ROFR ). Question: being from NJ how many actually buy annual passes? debating whether to add direct points for that perk only.

:welcome:Happy you found us!! I’ll be sure to get you up on the first page!

We have had AP’s for 3 years now. Bought our first AP when we bought our first contract. We have been taking two long trips each year, so they are definitely worth it for us. Did you try doing the math to see if the amount you pay for your current tickets is similar to an annual pass? Do you go at least twice a year or take long trips?

Hello everyone!!!
I bought AP’s for 4 people, for me it was just a basic mathematic consideration. For the 2 trips I had originally planned for this year an AP was cheaper than separate day tickets for each trip, the two additional trips that materialized after that are just gravy.

I bought AP’s for 4 people, for me it was just a basic mathematic consideration. For the 2 trips I had originally planned for this year an AP was cheaper than separate day tickets for each trip, the two additional trips that materialized after that are just gravy.
I know it’s basic math but as a dvc owner through resale after restrictions I don’t get those perks. Was just trying to see how many fellow New Jerseyians actually travel enough to get the AP using the discount. I will hopefully have a total of 200 pts all resale. So if I want the perks which i know can be taken away at anytime; I’d have to buy direct.

I know it’s basic math but as a dvc owner through resale after restrictions I don’t get those perks. Was just trying to see how many fellow New Jerseyians actually travel enough to get the AP using the discount. I will hopefully have a total of 200 pts all resale. So if I want the perks which i know can be taken away at anytime; I’d have to buy direct.

Unfortunately, that’s correct. The minimum buy-in for direct points went up too. It’s a difficult decision, and it stinks because no matter what, you’re still spending a lot of money to be shut out of those perks! Good luck deciding.

I had originally bought DVC to take 1 trip every summer. That has ballooned into 1 trip in the summer for the family and 3 other trips for the wife and I, the addonitis struggle is real. pooh:

That said after due diligence with the math you can buy a lot of full price AP’s with the savings you’ll realize with resale.

I had originally bought DVC to take 1 trip every summer. That has ballooned into 1 trip in the summer for the family and 3 other trips for the wife and I, the addonitis struggle is real. pooh:

That said after due diligence with the math you can buy a lot of full price AP’s with the savings you’ll realize with resale.

How are you? Settle into BW yet?!

I know I keep running the numbers and it’s hard for me to over pay thousands of dollars for in case we go multiple times a year. Esp now that the min is 100 pts wish I would have gotten into this when it was just the 25 pts needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter