New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
So, has anyone ever met anyone in their hometown that owns DVC?! I am definitely that person that has ‘Disneydar’ (Disney Radar!) I swear to you I can hear anybody talking about Disney from miles away! Last year I happened to overhear a mom on my son’s team talking about Disney... her and I got to talking and it turned out she owned at Polynesian! We ended up being in Disney last year at the same time and met up at Magic Kingdom!
This year, same situation, sitting on the bleachers at my son’s game, and the mom sitting on the bleacher in front of me, starts talking to another parent about a Disney cruise. Of course I have to chime in and ask questions, and it turns out they had just purchased at Saratoga Springs! While I am speaking to her, a woman (who’s grandson is on the other team), comes up to me while I am talking to the other DVC owner... She said she noticed My DVC Dooney bag and told me she owns DVC as well! What a small world!!!!

June 2018 on the drive down to Disney my wife see's a post on FB that my son's good friend is with his family at AKV Kidani. We were on our way down for a cash reservation at AKV Jambo, this was before I even knew DVC was a thing, come to find out they own at Kidani. When we got home I had decided I was going to buy a contract at Copper Creek. My wife posted pictures on FB from our trip and one of our friends, commented on her post, and said he owned at Copper Creek. Small world.

June 2018 on the drive down to Disney my wife see's a post on FB that my son's good friend is with his family at AKV Kidani. We were on our way down for a cash reservation at AKV Jambo, this was before I even knew DVC was a thing, come to find out they own at Kidani. When we got home I had decided I was going to buy a contract at Copper Creek. My wife posted pictures on FB from our trip and one of our friends, commented on her post, and said he owned at Copper Creek. Small world.

Such a small world!!!!! Very cool!

We're from Gloucester County and we Animal Kingdom Lodge is our home resort. Our next DVC stay will be next August before our 1st Disney cruise, the kids are so excited. We know quite a few fellow owners from all of our circles(family, neighbors, coworkers, and kid's activities.).

:welcome: Happy you found us! A Disney Cruise sounds fun!!!! I hope you guys have a great time!!! That’s great you know so many DVC members!!! I’m sure there are more people around this town, I’ll just have to go find them 😆 I’ll get you up under your Home Resort!!!

Last edited:
Freehold, NJ here! Home is BCV since 2003. Luckily, our youngest son is attending Rollins College in Winter Park, FL- we get to go home often... :love:

Freehold, NJ here! Home is BCV since 2003. Luckily, our youngest son is attending Rollins College in Winter Park, FL- we get to go home often... :love:

:welcome: Thanks for stopping in!!! So lucky!!!! I’m trying to convince my elementary school kids to look at Florida colleges!!! 😂 I hope they do! 🤞🏻 Wow, 2003! So amazing!!! I wish we knew about it back then!! I’ll get you up under your Home Resort!!

Hey everyone!

We own at AKL and LOVE our home!

We purchased resale in 2019 (Closed in early February of this year) and we have our first trip booked in June.

So excited to see so many NJ members!

Hey everyone!

We own at AKL and LOVE our home!

We purchased resale in 2019 (Closed in early February of this year) and we have our first trip booked in June.

So excited to see so many NJ members!

:welcome: Isn’t it so cool?! I couldn’t believe the amount of New Jersey people responding on one of the other posts I was reading and figured we had to start our own group! Congrats on your recent purchase! I think that first trip as new owners is the best! I will get you up under your home resort! Thanks for visiting!

Hello NJ peeps! My family lives in Somerset County. We bought into DVC in 2006, when our beloved AKV came on board. We absolutely LOVE AKV, so naturally it became our home resort. We pulled the trigger on the last day of our vacation, after passing a DVC kiosk. We took the tour and, as they say, the rest is history! Best decision we ever made!!! (And also our most expensive souvenir!)

We typically visit once each year, sometimes twice. While AKV is our fav, we've also come to love the Poly. In fact, Poly is usually our resort of choice in the summer. Our next trip is Jan. 2, 2020. It is our first visit that time of year and we'll be staying at Jambo House. Hoping we get to catch a glimpse of the holiday decorations before they disappear. Have always wanted to see the Christmas tree at Jambo!

:welcome: Thanks for stopping in!!! So lucky!!!! I’m trying to convince my elementary school kids to look at Florida colleges!!! 😂 I hope they do! 🤞🏻 Wow, 2003! So amazing!!! I wish we knew about it back then!! I’ll get you up under your Home Resort!!
My son recently graduated from University of Florida! It's about 1.5 hours away, so that definitely came in handy. In fact, we planned an entire Disney vacation the week before we moved him in! Now he attends Florida State College of Law. Much further - but still doable! My daughter chose to stay in NJ and just started at TCNJ... but I'm not complaining about that either. Nice to have one of my kids close to home! :)

Hi Jersey Peeps!
We own at BCV since 2002. We live in Gloucester County. We also own a home at the Jersey Shore in Ventnor, so anything beachy is for us, which is why we love BCV so much! We are visiting our home resort Nov. 1st. Can't wait!
Sheri

My son recently graduated from University of Florida! It's about 1.5 hours away, so that definitely came in handy. In fact, we planned an entire Disney vacation the week before we moved him in! Now he attends Florida State College of Law. Much further - but still doable! My daughter chose to stay in NJ and just started at TCNJ... but I'm not complaining about that either. Nice to have one of my kids close to home! :)

Congrats to your son! That’s amazing! I think that is my biggest fears is that one child is going to want to stay in New Jersey and the other is going to want to go to Florida. Of course right now they say they both want to go to Florida if we go, but so much can happen in the next few years. Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hi Jersey Peeps!
We own at BCV since 2002. We live in Gloucester County. We also own a home at the Jersey Shore in Ventnor, so anything beachy is for us, which is why we love BCV so much! We are visiting our home resort Nov. 1st. Can't wait!
Sheri

:welcome: Happy you found us!! Sorry for the delay in responding, we were away for the weekend. I will be happy to get you up under your home resort!

Hey Jersey, my family and I live in Morris County, finally decided to purchase DVC resale over the summer at BLT after borrowing our friends points a couple times. Can't wait for our first official family DVC trip in January!

Hey Jersey, my family and I live in Morris County, finally decided to purchase DVC resale over the summer at BLT after borrowing our friends points a couple times. Can't wait for our first official family DVC trip in January!

:welcome:and Congrats!!! So exciting! The best part is booking that first trip after becoming members!! Hope you have a great time! I’ll get you up under your new Home Resort!!! WELCOME HOME!!

Been waiting for a Morris County to pop up. Where in Morris County? We are in Cedar Knolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter