New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Sitting in the lobby of Wilderness Lodge. pooh:

Having a great time, this is our first trip with just the two of us and I love my kids but this is so much more relaxing. :)
Yes isn’t it great and I mean both adult trips and WL. We have been doing adult trips since August 2016. This last one was our sixth. It just nice to do things that you cannot do with the kids like the tours or the nicer dining. Plus our kids are both in their thirties so they can go whenever they want but we do have a family trip planned for next year.

Not to make you feel bad but we did. Our last day (Thursday) we were in EPCOT most of the day and had a 5:30pm bus time but decided to Skyliner from EPCOT to HS and then take the bus back to AKL. Very light crowd, did not wait at either station. No stoppages. Very nice ride, will take the Skyliner over a bus any day.

Happy you got to ride, I don’t feel bad about it. The great thing about DVC, I know I’ll be back in 62 days to ride. pooh:

Not to make you feel bad but we did. Our last day (Thursday) we were in EPCOT most of the day and had a 5:30pm bus time but decided to Skyliner from EPCOT to HS and then take the bus back to AKL. Very light crowd, did not wait at either station. No stoppages. Very nice ride, will take the Skyliner over a bus any day.

Hope you had a great trip!!

Thanks! I half jokingly sent my wife a screen shot of the listing and she said it was up to me, I said don’t tell me that I have my finger on the button, she made the mistake of saying “Do it”, 5 minutes later she thought to ask if we had the money, too late. :)

I overpaid again so Im pretty sure it’ll pass ROFR. I wanted an Epcot resort for F&W so overlooked the contract length, my wife will be 77 and I’ll be dead when the contract expires, I’m buying this one for us, the kids will have to make do with Copper Creek and Kidani.
Great minds think alike except we did it at BCV. We wanted a small contract just for us but also so we could book at 11 months. I had been looking for a while on the DVCstore and happened to check one more time late on a Saturday and there it was a 40 point BCV contract. My wife walked up behind me and said “Do it”. Sunday morning at 9:00 AM we got the call from Jerry that we were the first to make a bid and the rest is history. We don’t mind the short walk over to Boardwalk if we want to do something else on the way back from the park. Our kids will eventually get this one too.

Great minds think alike except we did it at BCV. We wanted a small contract just for us but also so we could book at 11 months. I had been looking for a while on the DVCstore and happened to check one more time late on a Saturday and there it was a 40 point BCV contract. My wife walked up behind me and said “Do it”. Sunday morning at 9:00 AM we got the call from Jerry that we were the first to make a bid and the rest is history. We don’t mind the short walk over to Boardwalk if we want to do something else on the way back from the park. Our kids will eventually get this one too.

Our goal is to give our points to the kids at some point... problem is, they’re already fighting about who gets which contract!!! 😂

As always! More firsts. Staying at AKL; eating at The Mara, Boma, Sanaa, Chefs de France, Skipper Canteen; MNSSHP; SWGE which is very cool at night.

Good for you! It’s fun to try new things!! But I’ll take your word for it, on the few you mentioned above, if you think they were good! I’m far from an adventures eater 😕

Yes isn’t it great and I mean both adult trips and WL. We have been doing adult trips since August 2016. This last one was our sixth. It just nice to do things that you cannot do with the kids like the tours or the nicer dining. Plus our kids are both in their thirties so they can go whenever they want but we do have a family trip planned for next year.

My kids are both in their mid twenties and are still in the park commando phase of their lives. I'm in the "I'm tired, you tired? Let's go take a nap ." phase of my life. :rotfl2:

Last edited:

My wife and I enjoyed F&W so much that she was telling me to book next October on our 2nd day there. I figured I was going to be needing an Epcot resort if we were going to be doing a mostly Epcot trip. I was leaning towards BCV but mrsap swayed me towards BWV, and after checking resale prices of the two resorts and realizing that BWV was closer to HS (we have to hit TOT every trip) and not much further to Epcot I sorta settled on BWV. Good luck on your ROFR. :-)

Our goal is to give our points to the kids at some point... problem is, they’re already fighting about who gets which contract!!! 😂

First world problems. :rotfl2:I split my CCV points into two contracts so they each get one, but mine are also fighting over who gets AKV, I keep telling them I'm leaving everything to my dog. They don't know anything about BWV yet, I'm going to see how long I can keep it a secret. pooh:

Good for you! It’s fun to try new things!! But I’ll take your word for it, on the few you mentioned above, if you think they were good! I’m far from an adventures eater 😕

Baby steps, start with a Boma breakfast you can't go wrong. Plenty of American food on the menu

Congratulations Pooh12863, I hope you make it smoothly to closing. Welcome home in advance. BW is our home and we love it there. The location is great and the views can't be beat. I think in time you may come to love the clown, he grows on you. ;)

First world problems. :rotfl2:I split my CCV points into two contracts so they each get one, but mine are also fighting over who gets AKV, I keep telling them I'm leaving everything to my dog. They don't know anything about BWV yet, I'm going to see how long I can keep it a secret. pooh:

Yeah, I guess your right! I’m sure they’ll be surprised when you get them!! It’s so exciting when you get to share something like that with your kids! Good luck!! 🍀 🤞🏻

Congratulations Pooh12863, I hope you make it smoothly to closing. Welcome home in advance. BW is our home and we love it there. The location is great and the views can't be beat. I think in time you may come to love the clown, he grows on you. ;)

Thanks.
I'm only buying it so you let me use the bus stop. :rotfl2:

My wife and I enjoyed F&W so much that she was telling me to book next October on our 2nd day there. I figured I was going to be needing an Epcot resort if we were going to be doing a mostly Epcot trip. I was leaning towards BCV but mrsap swayed me towards BWV, and after checking resale prices of the two resorts and realizing that BWV was closer to HS (we have to hit TOT every trip) and not much further to Epcot I sorta settled on BWV. Good luck on your ROFR. :-)
Oops I should have mentioned that was back in July. We got the contract in August. But good luck on yours.

We are not adventurous eaters either but I checked the menus and there were some items that we could live with. Boma’s breakfast is mostly traditional and the dinner we had at Sanaa was actually very good. But to show you what we like, Kona Cafe and 50’s Prime Time Cafe are almost always in our plans.

We are not adventurous eaters either but I checked the menus and there were some items that we could live with. Boma’s breakfast is mostly traditional and the dinner we had at Sanaa was actually very good. But to show you what we like, Kona Cafe and 50’s Prime Time Cafe are almost always in our plans.

See, and I talked my DD into changing 50’s Prime Time because it wasn’t my cup of tea. 😬 Sssssooo picky!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter