New Jersey man tells Disney greeters he'll blow the place up

MooseBucks

Living the Dream
Does this happen more often than we know about?

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Investigators in Florida say they've arrested a New Jersey tourist who told greeters at a Disney World resort that al-Qaida sent him to "blow the place up."

Orange County Sheriff's deputies arrested 56-year-old Gregory Lazarchick on Tuesday on a charge of making a false bomb threat.

An arrest report says Lazarchick made the threat on July 21 at Saratoga Springs Resort as employees were asking guests about their day, and then told them he wasn't joking.

News outlets report Lazarchick later admitted to saying something about al-Qaida when deputies spoke to him. But he said he didn't remember exactly what he said. He was remorseful and apologetic. No bomb-making materials were found in his room.

Lazarchick's sister told investigators he suffered a head injury and sometimes says inappropriate things.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...1cac3ab9bda4eb9067.html?arc404=true&mobi=true

The intelligence level of the human race exists on a bell curve. Some people fall on the wrong side, but the really interesting thing about bell curves is the nature of the "fat tails" that appear at the extremes. They shouldn't, but they do. So just as there is a disproportionately large percentage of the population with massive intelligence, there is also a disproportionate percentage of the population capable of this kind of rampant idiocy...

The intelligence level of the human race exists on a bell curve. Some people fall on the wrong side, but the really interesting thing about bell curves is the nature of the "fat tails" that appear at the extremes. They shouldn't, but they do. So just as there is a disproportionately large percentage of the population with massive intelligence, there is also a disproportionate percentage of the population capable of this kind of rampant idiocy...

So....a really long way of saying what @mom2rtk said. :-)

I’m also interested in the head injury defense and if it works. I’d imagine it needs to be a tbi for that fly.
Sounds a bit too much like a cop-out to me. Not even would I use HFASD/Asperger's to excuse such an action.

The sister says he has a brain injury. They CMs with ipads can annoy me too, but I have a mental filter and am nice to them.
I am always super-nice to a CM. Even when I feel down, I always try to keep my spirits up when I'm in Disney.

Great...It has to be a NJ man...More reason to bring us down a notch....

What a Dumba#*.!!!

Last edited:
I'm glad you all think a brain injury is funny. I hope to God no one in your immediate family ever suffers a TBI. It happens in an instant and changes not only their life, but your life too. Yeah, it's real funny.

Not sure how you even remotely got that at all from any posts in this thread
I hate to say it but I felt the same about most of posts know nothing about brain injuries and saying things that a normal person would not say. have a friend who has been there and done something like this. and the fact that nothing was found to carry out threat leaves me feeling that brain injury is most likely cause

I hate to say it but I felt the same about most of posts know nothing about brain injuries and saying things that a normal person would not say. have a friend who has been there and done something like this. and the fact that nothing was found to carry out threat leaves me feeling that brain injury is most likely cause
Has it been confirmed that this was related to the brain injury?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter