New Leaked layout of Super Nintendo World in Universal Orlando

As a gamer, this looks absolutely incredible and much more than what I imagined. They're packing a lot of attractions in there. Does someone who knows more about Universal's layout know if this area is where any attractions currently are? What will have to close, if anything, to fit this in?

As a gamer, this looks absolutely incredible and much more than what I imagined. They're packing a lot of attractions in there. Does someone who knows more about Universal's layout know if this area is where any attractions currently are? What will have to close, if anything, to fit this in?
Fieval's Playland is currently in that spot; roughly 8.5 acres.

My DH is a huge gamer, and I think this is incredibly exciting for gamers, especially Nintendo fans. I think all of their possible attractions sound like exactly what fans would hope for. Mario Kart, visiting Hyrule, an entire Donkey Kong land with a mine coaster (that was one of my favorite games as a kid!!!), a Pokemon training center (I wonder what that is???).

I know Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land are coming... but Disney should be either crapping their pants right now (excuse my language! haha) or planning something real big for after those two lands to keep competing with Universal. Kids are going to drag their parents to this.

With Nintendo and Harry Potter, I truly might be tempted to stay on Universal property. I've never felt like that until seeing this.

Nice. More to enjoy on our day there. :thumbsup2

Well they did buy 400+ acres last year that could be used for a theme park and multiple hotels. They would just need to connect it to their other parks some how.

Companies such as these cringe at heavy site work...because you can't charge for retention ponds and sewage mains (though I can think of one that I'm sure would try)...

So that site redevelopment is a major step. Add also the sunk logistical costs of bridging I-4...we're talking new transportation system there...and it's a big step.

I hope they do it and soon...as it makes them a direct competitor that could pull 40% market share if they do it right.

...but till then you'll see more interesting cramming off kirkman

I heard 2020 on a Jim Hill Media site. He said they want to get it out before Magic Kingdom's 50th anniversary.

I think the interest in these anniveraries is well overstated for disney...can't imagine the competition is looking to sink $500 mil to address it.

Universal has a much better/cohesive strategy going right now...I think they are deciding...not countering.

I am soooooo excited they are keeping ET - I know it is dated, but I LOVE that ride and go on it multiple times each time I visit - I also love that it is a flying ride like Peter Pan at MK. It looks like they will be removing the Animal Actors stage too - am I looking at that right? And also Barney Live on Stage?

I am soooooo excited they are keeping ET - I know it is dated, but I LOVE that ride and go on it multiple times each time I visit - I also love that it is a flying ride like Peter Pan at MK. It looks like they will be removing the Animal Actors stage too - am I looking at that right? And also Barney Live on Stage?

Yes, the entire kid area, except ET, will be gone to make way for all the new attractions...

It looks like they are keeping the focus of the land on their smaller guests and on less screens...they do seem to be adding 1 eticket for families with the Mario attraction. They also seem to be retheming/redoing their current water playground, giant playground, and small rollercoaster...and then they seem to be making additions of a lot of smaller rides for kids plus 2 extra TBD items in the Mario building and some theming and lord knows with Zelda. Since this is replacing the current family land back there, I applaud keeping the focus on the family and not the thrill ride...this area is so fun now, but doesn't draw. So they are keeping/retheming the fun, getting rid of the 2 big show stadiums to put in a lot of rides and game themed attractions and areas...

Yeah, it's about time they added some family rides. Not everything needs to be made for teenagers (shakes you around) who don't want to have kids (crushes your beanie bag).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter