• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Look for Magicbands is official!

This will be our first visit using the band concept. (Haven't been back to Disney since 2007.) Which wrist is recommended? Should it ideally be placed on your dominant or non dominant hand/wrist? Do you wear them all the time and never take them off till you leave (like a pool wrist band given out at so many other resorts) or are they removable? Are most turnstyles on your right or left side when entering an attraction etc.? Thanks.

This will be our first visit using the band concept. (Haven't been back to Disney since 2007.) Which wrist is recommended? Should it ideally be placed on your dominant or non dominant hand/wrist? Do you wear them all the time and never take them off till you leave (like a pool wrist band given out at so many other resorts) or are they removable? Are most turnstyles on your right or left side when entering an attraction etc.? Thanks.
Which ever arm is more comfortable for you. I wear mine all the time. Make sure you don't pack them in your suitcase and have them on you if you are using Magical Express. Turnstyles are always on both sides. They can be removed from your wrist at any time.

This will be our first visit using the band concept. (Haven't been back to Disney since 2007.) Which wrist is recommended? Should it ideally be placed on your dominant or non dominant hand/wrist? Do you wear them all the time and never take them off till you leave (like a pool wrist band given out at so many other resorts) or are they removable? Are most turnstyles on your right or left side when entering an attraction etc.? ....or don't any of my questions actually matter at all? Thanks.

I'll answer your questions with my own personal preferences:

I wear my MagicBand on my right wrist (dominant). I wear mine all the time and only take it off when I sleep (sometimes I forget it's even there and I fall asleep with them on). I'm not sure I can think of a turnstile where the pylons aren't on either side of you (maybe the extreme left and right side of the gate entrance?).

I don't want to say that your questions don't matter, because they do. But it really is however you want to wear them.

The amount of information in the thread I'm going to link can be kind of overwhelming, but there is some really good stuff there:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-magicbands.3481711/

Are you used to wearing a wrist watch? If so, I'd start by wearing on the same wrist & see if that works for you. I comfortably wear my magic band on my left wrist beside my watch. The band is removable (and you can adjust the fit) but I wear it throughout my WDW vacation except when sleeping.

Are you used to wearing a wrist watch? If so, I'd start by wearing on the same wrist & see if that works for you. I comfortably wear my magic band on my left wrist beside my watch. The band is removable (and you can adjust the fit) but I wear it throughout my WDW vacation except when sleeping.
Thank you all! Such nice people here.

Thank you all! Such nice people here.
They are comfortable. It's easy to forget they are on. I always wear a gps watch too and I switch it up. Sometimes I have it on the same side as my watch other times on the other side. Doesn't make a difference to me either way. My husband carries his in his pocket sometimes which would be the one thing I wouldn't recommend! It isn't because he thinks it's uncomfortable so not sure why he does. I know one day he will lose it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter