New magic band options available again

After sending an email to guest services, they called me back, we talked for a bit, and the bottom line is that they are expecting a HUGE shipment at the end of June/beginning of July.

How long before you got a call? I sent an email to them, not directly to Disney from an email, but through the tool for sending emails in MDE. I sent it last night as I keep getting a message saying we 4 days to pick magicbands, and yet our arrival date is mid July. I haven't gotten a response yet. Not sure if should just email guest services directly and not use the MDE website, but couldn't find a correct email.

How long before you got a call? I sent an email to them, not directly to Disney from an email, but through the tool for sending emails in MDE. I sent it last night as I keep getting a message saying we 4 days to pick magicbands, and yet our arrival date is mid July. I haven't gotten a response yet. Not sure if should just email guest services directly and not use the MDE website, but couldn't find a correct email.

I just posted this update on the other separate thread that I started on the "days left to complete order issue". I'll put it here too in case anyone was wondering:

OK...Just got off the phone with Disney. The gentleman I spoke to was knowledgeable and I think I have a good answer.

If you order your magic bands more than 30 days in advance, they will ship at around the 30 day mark. The "days left to complete order" message is telling you that if you selected your magic bands more than 30 days in advance, you have this number of days left to make modifications before the bands will ship.

If you are like me and have not yet selected your bands, you can essentially ignore this message. Bands will ship once you order them. And, you still have up until 11 days prior to check-in to select your bands.

I told the CM that, in my opinion, this "days left" message is confusing. I told him that my DH is a CM and we are very familiar with MDE, and if it was confusing to us it was probably confusing to others. He actually agreed with me and said that the message as it appears on the main magic band page is fairly new.

In speaking with him, I formed the opinion that Disney may be trying to use this "not-quite-accurate" message as a way to get people to order their magic bands sooner. I wonder if too many people are waiting closer to the 11 days and they'd prefer people finalize things closer to the 30 days.

Were yours the upgraded bands? Or the plain color ones. Did you finalize your "order" already?

1 was upgraded - other 2 were plain colored — once I placed the order it finalized it automatically because there was no other option

It was the next business day, but I did not call them back for a few days.

1 was upgraded - other 2 were plain colored — once I placed the order it finalized it automatically because there was no other option

I believe that's why they shipped right away rather than at the 30 day mark...because of the one upgraded band.

I believe that's why they shipped right away rather than at the 30 day mark...because of the one upgraded band.
I ordered 2 upgraded bands weeks ago, our visit is in December. My credit card was charged immediately, but several days later, the charge disappeared. I then got an Email, noting that fulfillment of the order is delayed but they are working on it. Then late last week, my credit card was charged again, not sure how long it's gonna stay this time:). Clearly they are overwhelmed with the upgraded bands. I just hope to see them some time prior to leaving for our trip.

Oppss..just checked my credit card, the charge has disappeared again.................

So I use USPS informed delivery...I saw today that I’ll be getting a package from Disney Thursday. Then I got the email from the shop Disney parks with a code for 3 magic bands since 3 of my 4 were sold out...really annoying I mean at that point just don’t ship any and let me start over. Oh well I now need to decide if I should order from shop Disney now or wait and see if they get any more soon...

So I use USPS informed delivery...I saw today that I’ll be getting a package from Disney Thursday. Then I got the email from the shop Disney parks with a code for 3 magic bands since 3 of my 4 were sold out...really annoying I mean at that point just don’t ship any and let me start over. Oh well I now need to decide if I should order from shop Disney now or wait and see if they get any more soon...
That is annoying! I agree, if 3 out of 4 that I chose were sold out and my trip was far enough away I would have just held off and not ordered. However, before you do anything see what is in your box. I ordered one for my AP and got an email saying I would be getting a plain grey one with a code to use at shopDisney, and when the band came it actually was the upgraded one I had ordered :confused3. I didn’t try to use the code because there actually weren’t any left in stock at shopDisney that I wanted in addition to the castle and snacks ones I had already got, but I assume I could still use it and this get 2 bands at the $10 price. Thecode was good until the end of the year so I’ll see if anything new and interesting comes out.

When I go on MDE and try to select themed bands, all I get is "No Results" so I can't even see what bands are offered. I can see the free color bands, but what am I doing wrong that I can't even see the themed bands?

When I go on MDE and try to select themed bands, all I get is "No Results" so I can't even see what bands are offered. I can see the free color bands, but what am I doing wrong that I can't even see the themed bands?
The themed magic bands are currently sold out.

That is annoying! I agree, if 3 out of 4 that I chose were sold out and my trip was far enough away I would have just held off and not ordered. However, before you do anything see what is in your box. I ordered one for my AP and got an email saying I would be getting a plain grey one with a code to use at shopDisney, and when the band came it actually was the upgraded one I had ordered :confused3. I didn’t try to use the code because there actually weren’t any left in stock at shopDisney that I wanted in addition to the castle and snacks ones I had already got, but I assume I could still use it and this get 2 bands at the $10 price. Thecode was good until the end of the year so I’ll see if anything new and interesting comes out.
Yeah since we have enough time I’m waiting until we get the box. However they only charged me the $10.62 so I’m assuming it’s just the spaceship earth one. I’m jealous you got the snack band! That’s what I wanted so I’m thinking of getting the dole whip one 😂 my daughter wanted Ariel so she’s a tad bit upset

Question: we have two different resort stays for our November trip (pre-cruise and post-cruise). If we get the customized bands (once they are available) on the first hotel stay, and decline bands on the second stay, will the bands still work for our tickets, room key etc. on the second stay?

Question: we have two different resort stays for our November trip (pre-cruise and post-cruise). If we get the customized bands (once they are available) on the first hotel stay, and decline bands on the second stay, will the bands still work for our tickets, room key etc. on the second stay?
They will work for both parts of your trip whether or not you decline the 2nd set of Magic Bands. There is no data actually stored on the band it is just a link to your MDE. So if you had a band from a trip last year, that would still work for this year as well. I would get a set for the second half of the trip as well and alternate, but that's just me.

Yes. Any MB linked to your profile in MDE will work for linked tickets, linked resort reservations, etc.

They must be buried in questions and queries. I sent an email to Guest Services and it looked like they forwarded it to wdw.drc.guest.letters and copied me on the internal email. Then nothing after that, not contact. I would just like it if they can tell us when they will have new stock. If it's worth waiting or just give it up. This whole release has left a very bad taste in my mouth. From them allowing a flood or orders first day, the lack of communication and now radio silence. They can, and should be handling this better.

Yes. Any MB linked to your profile in MDE will work for linked tickets, linked resort reservations, etc.

They will work for both parts of your trip whether or not you decline the 2nd set of Magic Bands. There is no data actually stored on the band it is just a link to your MDE. So if you had a band from a trip last year, that would still work for this year as well. I would get a set for the second half of the trip as well and alternate, but that's just me.

Thanks! Of course, I had made the mistake of ordering colored ones for my one of my stays before the options came out, and so now I am stuck with the 30-day advance deadline to hopefully get an upgrade when they add inventory. Luckily I did not order bands for the other stay so I have more time to customize that one: so good to know I can use it for both legs of the trip if I don't get a chance to edit my existing order before the 30-day mark.

It really is quite nuts they never offered this before, really. They obviously were missing out on a lot of $$$ given the demand.

They must be buried in questions and queries. I sent an email to Guest Services and it looked like they forwarded it to wdw.drc.guest.letters and copied me on the internal email. Then nothing after that, not contact. I would just like it if they can tell us when they will have new stock. If it's worth waiting or just give it up. This whole release has left a very bad taste in my mouth. From them allowing a flood or orders first day, the lack of communication and now radio silence. They can, and should be handling this better.

I couldn't agree with you more. I usually have a very positive pro Disney mindset but this is getting ridiculous. Why in the world did they release this without inventory? Also if they started with lower inventory why wouldn't they only allow those with trips in the next 45-60 days to upgrade then open it up as more inventory came in? This was extremely poor planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter