New Magicbands - How far in advance can we order them

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Has anyone been to Disney World since they added the option to order speciality Magicbands with their packages? If so, how far in advance have you ordered the new specialty Magicbands? How long in advance will a Disney resort hold on to the Magicbands you ordered?

If it's attached to your resort reservation they will hold till check in.

You can order until (I think) 11 days prior to your reservation

If it's attached to your resort reservation they will hold till check in.

You can order until (I think) 11 days prior to your reservation
Thanks. The question is how long in advance can I order it? The new designs aren't always available, and if, for example, I order them 6 months in advance, will they still hold on to them until we arrive?

Thanks. The question is how long in advance can I order it? The new designs aren't always available, and if, for example, I order them 6 months in advance, will they still hold on to them until we arrive?
Yes, they will.

Problem with the premium magic bands is, you get one, but the others you want are out of stock at the time

And you need to check out as soon as you get them to guarantee getting the premium band you (or someone else) wants.
If that makes sense?

Ie you can't put one in your "cart" and assume it will be there 1 hour later....

Yes, they will.

Problem with the premium magic bands is, you get one, but the others you want are out of stock at the time

And you need to check out as soon as you get them to guarantee getting the premium band you (or someone else) wants.
If that makes sense?

Ie you can't put one in your "cart" and assume it will be there 1 hour later....
I know, it's very frustrating. That is why I was thinking of snatching the ones we want when I see them. But that could also be 6 months before our trip. And I was worried the resort wouldn't hold on to them for such a long time.

I know, it's very frustrating. That is why I was thinking of snatching the ones we want when I see them. But that could also be 6 months before our trip. And I was worried the resort wouldn't hold on to them for such a long time.
They will.
Or you could try you luck close to the time!

I've about given up, and think I will order some decals for the plain bands instead

Got hubby the one he wanted though
(we have a split reservation so have 2 chances!)

They will.
Or you could try you luck close to the time!

I've about given up, and think I will order some decals for the plain bands instead

Got hubby the one he wanted though
(we have a split reservation so have 2 chances!)
When are you going? Luckily, like you guys, we have a split stay, so I will try to score the Magicbands we want (I want the snacks, Spaceship earth for DH and Minnie for DD).
I have been reading there are many issues with these orders, and hope that by the time we go, they will be solved.

When are you going? Luckily, like you guys, we have a split stay, so I will try to score the Magicbands we want (I want the snacks, Spaceship earth for DH and Minnie for DD).
I have been reading there are many issues with these orders, and hope that by the time we go, they will be solved.
We will be there 24 Oct to 2 Nov

Which minnie one? I've seen the minnie bows one and snacks one show up at the same time
Haven't seen spaceship earth show much though

We will be there 24 Oct to 2 Nov

Which minnie one? I've seen the minnie bows one and snacks one show up at the same time
Haven't seen spaceship earth show much though
The Minnie with the poker dots. It's still a while off until our trip, I don't want to push it and order too far in advance, just to show up at the resort and find our Magicbands aren't there.
Where will you be staying? We booked Coronado Springs Destino Tower club level for 10 nights, can't wait. And I had to try, if only once, The Contemporary. Booked it for 3 nights with park view. First time we'll be staying at a Deluxe. Did you take the dining plan?

The Minnie with the poker dots. It's still a while off until our trip, I don't want to push it and order too far in advance, just to show up at the resort and find our Magicbands aren't there.
Where will you be staying? We booked Coronado Springs Destino Tower club level for 10 nights, can't wait. And I had to try, if only once, The Contemporary. Booked it for 3 nights with park view. First time we'll be staying at a Deluxe. Did you take the dining plan?
Yes I'm pretty sure thats the minnie band I've seen show up at the same time as snacks.
Good luck getting all the ones you want!

We are at Pop for 3 nights, then got a DVC rental at the AKV Jambo for 6 nights! Super excited, DH has always wanted to stay at AKV and I'm trying to keep it a secret from him haha
Also our first time at a Deluxe (and a Value for that matter)

No dining plan. We did the past 2 trips, but taking the time to do the math once we booked our ADRs this time, we would lose (about) 200USD! Definitely not worth it, especially with how terrible the exchange it right now.

Yes I'm pretty sure thats the minnie band I've seen show up at the same time as snacks.
Good luck getting all the ones you want!

We are at Pop for 3 nights, then got a DVC rental at the AKV Jambo for 6 nights! Super excited, DH has always wanted to stay at AKV and I'm trying to keep it a secret from him haha
Also our first time at a Deluxe (and a Value for that matter)

No dining plan. We did the past 2 trips, but taking the time to do the math once we booked our ADRs this time, we would lose (about) 200USD! Definitely not worth it, especially with how terrible the exchange it right now.
Did that math last trip in January too. And at start we were going without the dining plan, even though in the past we did the plan. But approx. a month before leaving, they came out with discounted packages, and with the dining plan it would come out saving over $300. So, I added the plan. For our next trip, I'm hoping they will come out with fee dining. Crossing my fingers. lol
Last time we were at Art of Animation. Amazing for a family of 5. Next trip, though, it's only 3 of us, so what we're saving on flights I'll be wasting on the resort. haha

I ordered they ones we want for our June 2020 visit - just hoping there are no issues with them when we do get there.

I ordered they ones we want for our June 2020 visit - just hoping there are no issues with them when we do get there.
So, for our September trip, you think it would be fine to order them even at te 10 month mark?

So, for our September trip, you think it would be fine to order them even at te 10 month mark?
I figure keep checking and order when the ones you want are available - it took me a while for the ones I wanted to be available and for it to complete the checkout process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!