New member and planner!

mclyndaker

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm Meaghan, a 27 year old wheelchair user living in Maine. I've been to Disney 3 times prior but never as the planner. My boyfriend is originally from Florida (Tampa area) but moved here last year, and has NEVER been to Disney!

As an electric wheelchair user I have flown 20+ times but always with my family, including my father who's mechanically inclined and a great problem solver. When things went wrong with the way airlines handled my wheelchair I was usually left out of the resolution loop. I'm nervous (but excited) to take on the air travel and Disney for the first time as an adult.

I'm trying to take the advice to not plan too much, but I've gotten so hooked to the planning process and the world of other Disney lovers. I've been listening to the DISUnplugged podcast all day every day at work and I'm excited to see all the changes to Disney since I last visited in 2011!

Hi, Meaghan, and welcome to the DIS. Planning can be almost as fun as going, which is why this website can be addictive!

I will recommend to you the DIS abilities board where you can likely find tips about transporting your wheelchair and using it in the parks. https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/

Also, of course for WDW THe Theme Parkas, Attractions, and Strategies board is the main section for general questions. https://www.disboards.com/forums/theme-parks-attractions-and-strategies.2/

If you have questions, just ask. Have fun planning and :welcome: to the DIS!

My philosophy is this: Plan to your heart's content, but be prepared to just go with the flow if things change once you are there.

I, too, love the planning process!!! But there always seems to be something that comes up while we are down there and we end up changing our plans. Sometimes issues arise that are just out of our controls, but other times we just discover different things we want to do.

My one recommendation for planning in regards to your BF: take one of his interests and plan something unexpected that is in line with that. For example, my DH is a do-it-yourself handy-man type of guy. He loves seeing how things work. A couple of things we have done that play to his interests are a couple of the behind the scenes tours and also dinner with an Imagineer.

Happy planning and I hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

hey i am palnning for disney land i really want to know about the disney land places. i am digital marketer and really want to relax from my job and enjoy some time with my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter