New member Caribbean resort question

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere single mom if 4 traveling over Easter to Caribbean my 6 year old has ASD and some other delays ..I just booked regular standard room but now looking at the size of the resort I’m terrified we will be all the way at the back far from food court and main buildings.
Can I call and request?
Do I need to book a different level room?
The thoughts of him being exhausted before we get to a bus to start our day or having to carry him is daunting on my own
Thanks so much

You can book a "Preferred Room" at CBR, which puts you closer to the main pool and Old Port Royale, which is where dining, etc. is located. However, each "island" grouping of buildings has it's own bus stop so you shouldn't have too far to walk from your room to the bus. You can call and request a location, but it is just a request and not guaranteed. If being close to the main pool and building is key, I'd book preferred.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you..I’m still having summer vacation flashbacks.. airports and crowds but don’t want other kids to miss out

I agree with lanejudy.

You might also want to look into a stroller, even if your child doesn’t normally use one. It would help with the child not getting so tired walking, but a lot of kids with autism use a stroller as kind of a ‘safe haven’ to separate from people and/or stimulants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts