New member here

Cautioncones

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My girlfriend and In our late 20's and have lived in FL for pretty much all of our lives. Recently I purchased Gold annual passes for us as part of her Christmas gift. She has been before but this will be my first time going to Disney.

Were looking forward to what is in store for us! I have been lurking the past few weeks before finally becoming a member. We will be in Orlando from Jan 13-15th for my birthday.

If anyone has any tips they are much appreciated. As of now we will be doing Boathouse for my birthday dinner and deciding between Coronado, Riverside, Caribbean Beach or FQ to stay at.

Thanks!

Good time to go - crowds will be at their yearly low. Buy one of those apps (I like Touring Plans) - it will be around $15 well spent. Decide which rides you want to go on and make your plans accordingly. Start your day as early as you can - then leave after lunch and return around or after an early dinner. You're too late to get decent Fastpasses but the my Disney experience app is still useful for when you're in the park. Caribbean Beach is right on Skyliner so it's most convenient if that matters to you. If you plan to spend more time at Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom then Coronado is closer. Bring a clean (preferably new) pair of socks for each day you are there. Get a Target credit card. Estimate what you might spend on food and gifts - and buy a Disney gift card for that amount. Use it instead of your Magic Band.

Last edited:
Good time to go - crowds will be at their yearly low. Buy one of those apps (I like Touring Plans). Decide which rides you want to go on and make your plans accordingly. Start your day as early as you can - then leave after lunch and return around or after an early dinner. You're too late to get decent Fastpasses but the my Disney experience app is still useful for when you're in the park. Caribbean Beach is right on Skyliner so it's most convenient if that matters to you. Bring a clean (preferably new) pair of socks for each day you are there.

Yeah the fast pass thing is something I'm learning about now. We are AP holders at UO/IoA but there seems to be much more available and things to do when it comes to disney. I will definitely look into Touring Plans too.

Welcome to Dis!!!

Have fun!! Don't try to do too much. Happy Birthday and let us know what you think/how you make out :)

Welcome...

As a passholder you will start to find reason to come see Mickey and the Gang...

You are starting what I would call the learning process... There are so many ways to enjoy the Parks, Disney Springs, Water Parks, and Resorts... just jump on in, You will learn what works for you... the Boathouse is one of our fav's...

Have a wonderful trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter