New Member here

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
Hi I just joined this group - I am a member of the UKDIS and wanted to get some more varied advice.
We are coming in December for 10 days (10-20) and we are staying at the Delta Orlando Resort. I have checked out the website and it looks pretty plush.
Has anyone stayed there and is it as good as it looks?
Also what are United like for long-haul flights - we are going via Washington so at least we get a chance to stretch our legs!!
Is the weather still good around then also??
Thanks

I've stayed at the Delta Orlando and it isn't plush. The hotel is a standard hotel. The pool is very nice. The cafeteria dining is not very good although we did have nice breakfasts at Mangos which is part of the hotel. We were OK at this hotel, but would not stay there again. It needs renovation. I would call a few days before and ask if they have any recently renovated rooms they can put you in, or just ask when you check in. If the room they give you is not nice, go back to the desk and ask for a nicer room. You deserve the best room in the house if you are staying for 10 days.

The hotel is very convenient to Universal. Have Fun!

Here are some links of old reviews:
http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5287&highlight=Delta
http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3353&highlight=Delta

Geez, are you gonna be in for a rude awakening!

The Delta Orlando Resort is a VERY dated hotel on a deserted stretch (deserted meaning businesses nearby have since closed) of Major Blvd. The resort backs on the beauty and tranquility of the Florida Turnpike.

Honestly, I would REALLY encourage you to start looking around for another place to stay when visiting Orlando. An extra $10 to $20 a night would be money well spent.

At least the weather should be quite nice then!
(beauty / tranquility of Fla. turnpike, that's funny stuff!)
Jim

I was only staying there as it was so cheap and close to Universal and the free shuttle and supposedly complementary kids club. I checked on the website and they now charge $15 per 2 hr session at the kids club!!
So I think I'll try and rebook to stay at the Holiday Inn,Universal - Do they have Kidsuites there??

Hi eliseb!
The Holiday Inn Universal should have kidsuites. If not , I almost used them once for a Jr. suite (chose the Sleep Inn Jr. instead just because of good word here on a post, and it was $5 cheaper!). Nothing but good Ive heard about Hol. Inn; Raddison; and Sleep Inn....they're all directly across Kirkman Rd. from USF entrances.
Jim

Yeah I just e-mailed United Vacations nd they replied that they were concerned with their feedback from the Delta and I could rebook with no fee.
So I gusee it'll be either the HI International Drive or Universal
Thanks guys

You made a good decision. I did not want to sound too negative in my post above just in case your reservation could not be changed. I am glad it worked out for you to change to another hotel.

Have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter