• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Member - Hi!

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
Hi, I just joined yesterday, I spent all day reading past messages, it was awesome. I found some really good advice. We are going to Disney on Dec. 8 -13. My husband and I are really excited to see our children take in the whole thing. We haven't been since our honeymoon eight years ago. My son is seven and my daughter is almost five.
I know I will have lots and lots of questions in the coming months, but for now I am just so excited to talk about Disney!
I do have one question today: How do you lug your kids "stuff" around the parks (autograph book, pen, snacks, penlights, ect)? Do you give them their own small bag to carry or have the adult carry it? I am planning to make a goody bag for each of them with the book, pen, penlight, and maybe a beanie or two - does this sound good? I just don't know how cumbersome it will be to lug a big bag on rides and stuff.
I have also bought them each Disney tees and and a sweatshirt so they can wear them at the parks. This will all be given to them on the day we leave. Thanks so much for your suggestions, WE CAN'T WAIT!!!! Tonia

Welcome to the DIS!

Isn't this great? It informs, gets you psyched and keeps the magic going after you get home and start to plan the NEXT trip!

My kids are now 10 and just turned 6. I still rent a stroller for DD who sometimes gets tired. Lots of folks here will tell you each kid gets their own pack to carry - which I MAY try next time. For now, what works for me is one backpack with the waterbottles, sunscreen, clean socks & t-shirts, etc. The autograph books go in the front pocket of the backpack with the pens. It would certainly be better if they had their own packs with the books & pens, but I have kids who will later "forget" to put things back or even think a fannypack with a fresh water bottle is too heavy for all day. I should add that my son has a disability which is a factor here.

I am one of those people who leaves the backpack on the stroller on the rides and carries my flat shoulder wallet with me. Just what works at the moment for my family.

Keep the questions coming. I find that the more information I'm armed with, the more comfortable I am on our magical journey!!!

Happy planning!

We also use a backpack, a special one I have put away for our Disney trips (we got through a Huggies free offer).

I keep my 4 yr old dd's sippy cup, xtra change of clothes, snacks, sunscreen and a few extra goodies along with our camcorder. I wear a fanny pack which holds my small digital camera, so we have everything we need.

I still use a stroller for her, a Kolkraft collapsable one which is very lightweight. I keep ponchos & a stroller cover on the bottom of the basket during rainy season (and will put the cover on it if it looks threatening out or if we're going to be in an attraction or restaurant for a long period of time).

I always take the backpack with us when leaving the stroller (mainly because I don't want to leave the camcorder-we take a lot of video at the parks and the recorded tape is even more valuable to me than the camera itself).

Thanks so much guys! I think I will definately plan on bringing a backpack, having the kids keep track of their own would be a nightmare.

jwfla422, we will be there around the same time. I can't wait to see Disney at Christmas! Have you been during this time before? Tonia

I usually carry the backpack, while my DW carries her oversize bag to carry some things for the kids, and to hold wallets, keys, passes etc I use the fannypack. This time out we will give our DS his own fannypack, maybe water bottle too. The backpack is more for the cameras and other "stuff".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter