New MH, new adventures.

snowmedic

1500 MIles From the Fort.
So after some debating for a couple of weeks, we went out and got some new gear. After a number of trips to Dick’s Sporting goods and the new Gander Outdoors, and several hours online looking at new tents, and not seeing anything that we really liked, a long time ( 19 yrs. ) friend said he had something that we might be interested in.

He told me he was buying a new to him motor home so he didn’t need his current camping setup. So, the DW and I went to see what he had. At first we where skeptical, is what he has big enough for all of our gear. And come to find out after looking things over it was. Now time to settle on a price, after 1/2 hr of texting to get to a fair price, (I didn’t want to seem cheap and give a lowball price, but I also didn’t want to get taken to the cleaners), we agreed on a price.

So after work this morning with cash in my pocket, we had our SIL come and pick us up and take us to get our new gear.

8D4DD2CB-4956-423A-BA46-3051CD376723.jpeg

601F4B2A-4F1C-477E-A27E-1509876124C3.jpeg

It is an older moterhome with only 39,000 miles. I am the fourth owner. My friend had it for 4 yrs.

The roof was replaced with a new rubber roof 6 years ago, the tires have plenty of tread on them, almost like they where new a year or so ago. Everything on it works, the generator, heat, a/c, everything. The only thing that needs to be repaired is one of the rear self leveling jacks needs to be welded back on and the lines hooked back up.

Driving it home was different, I’m use to a small car, now I’m driving a motor home with 20 mph wind gust down the interstate. Got it home safely and backed into the driveway on the first try. We might be bring it to the Fort for our Dec./Jan. trip but I told DW not to get to excited, that this trip might be our last with the tent so I could get use to how everything works.

That is it for now. When I do some work on the MH (backup cameras) I will post updates.

Very nice!

Congrats on the new digs. But who are we going to go to for all the tent at the Fort questions?

j

What a beauty! Here’s to Safe travels and
Wonderful Adventures!
One of my bucket list items.. cross country in a motor home! Enjoy!

Congrats on the new to you rig and welcome to the Tiffin Family What year and model is your NTY unit

Congratulations !! You are going to need a bigger storage unit.

Congratulations on your great home on wheels. You are going to make good memories in your new to you wheels.

Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing.

I know that level of excitement when going from a tent to secure walls! I bet you, the wife, and Savannah are going to be pre-trip planning like never before!

Savannah has probably already filled her area and ready to go, I bet!

Congratulations MedicFamily!

Chris, I laughed because I thought the same thing!

I'm sure there's plenty of beautiful places up in medic's corner of the world to take it and go off on a long weekend. It certainly adds some flexibility.

Congrats Vince and keep us updated on your journeys.

Bama Ed

Wait...what?

No canvas? No stakes to hammer down?

Dude! You are gonna feel so out of place!

Congrats on new home away from home. You gotta line up a FW Dismeet in October 2020!

PS
Is that Savannah on the left with the coat on? Tell her Emily says "hello".

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride. Now you'll be able to pack so much stuff you wont remember what you have, LOL

So inquiring minds want to know, what are you going to tow behind it ? I mean everyone I pass on Interstate 81 has some kind of car attached to it. Heck last trip to Wilkes Barre I passed an old class C towing a 4 door jeep, doing about 20mph up the mountian.

Thanks for all the encouragement, it is going to seem different when we do roll out of the driveway and realize that I can stop at any time and just to the back and crash for the night without having to get a motel room.

Congrats on the new to you rig and welcome to the Tiffin Family What year and model is your NTY unit

Well, according to the registration it is: 1997 Make: Ford Model: Truck Body: Motorhome The only markings I found on the outside are the Allegro decals.

No storage unit required, it will be coming back home with us everytime.

Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing.

I know that level of excitement when going from a tent to secure walls! I bet you, the wife, and Savannah are going to be pre-trip planning like never before!

Savannah has probably already filled her area and ready to go, I bet!

Congratulations MedicFamily!

Savannah already has the whole thing planned out on how we should decorate, DISNEY. We will have more storage available since we switched to an online curriculum for this year
so the only storage we will need will be for a couple of flash drives and a computer.

Chris, I laughed because I thought the same thing!

I'm sure there's plenty of beautiful places up in medic's corner of the world to take it and go off on a long weekend. It certainly adds some flexibility.

Congrats Vince and keep us updated on your journeys.

Bama Ed

We have never been camping up here in the north but now that will change. I was told by DW that I can't work every weekend any more and that we will be taking a couple of 3 day weekends
every couple of weeks.

Wait...what?

No canvas? No stakes to hammer down?

Dude! You are gonna feel so out of place!

Congrats on new home away from home. You gotta line up a FW Dismeet in October 2020!

PS
Is that Savannah on the left with the coat on? Tell her Emily says "hello".

I will be waiting patiently for the appropriate time to make that Ressie. You may have to keep me posted as to a date that is convenient. I am able to get away just about any time. (Although the deer hunters at work may not like it). Yes, Savannah is the one in the purple jacket closes to the house. And she says to tell Mad Dog hello also.

Congrats on the new ride. Now you'll be able to pack so much stuff you wont remember what you have, LOL

All ready have a list going of what we are putting in the MH.
So inquiring minds want to know, what are you going to tow behind it ? I mean everyone I pass on Interstate 81 has some kind of car attached to it. Heck last trip to Wilkes Barre I passed an old class C towing a 4 door jeep, doing about 20mph up the mountian.

We were going to get a car trailer and bring our RAV (AWD) but I didn't want to be close to 50' long, so we are going to get a tow dolly and to the Focus (FWD) that is in the pic with the MH.

Here are a few pics of the inside. There are no slides but it does not feel cramped at all, I was really surprised.

378E9377-2B93-4F5B-BF24-CE8876F9742C.jpeg
Bedroom in the back, this is where my water pump is located, along with the connection for winterizing, which my friend did before picking up the MH.

DED20FF5-A5E7-4661-8E2E-CCF1A8321FB2.jpeg

Looking down the hall from bedroom, bath is on the left with a good size closet ( for DW) and also kitchen pantry and fridge.

B06C9E78-8706-4E01-92C3-7648E8FA708F.jpeg

Looking back from drivers area, jack knife sofa for Savannah to sleep on.

5B70C544-CE95-4BC7-B13B-C6503D133D07.jpeg

Then the drivers compartment, with the leveling jack controls and gen. start stop switch.

Very nice, may it serve you well for many years to come. May you also create many wonderful memories with it.

@snowmedic we flat tow our Rav. We had to put a remco lube pump on the transmission in order to do it. We do like it, flat towing is great, let me know if you want more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!