New Mid-Day Magic Ticket

I was wondering if they are anticipating a lot of guests for the extra-extra-magic-hours in the early morning, and this might be to entice some to avoid that very early morning crunch. But I don't really know.

Interesting. I would guess that it is a bit of both: lower crowds and EEMH anticipated crowds.

It's funny - they had a kinda-sorta similar thing when I was a kid, and we visited WDW for the first time. There was a "deal" where if you entered MK (because that's all there was back then!) after 3:00 pm, you got the next day's admission included. My parents, being thrifty midwesterners, loved it, and as a result, we got to eat my birthday lunch at the Plaza... a family tradition that continues to this day 🙂

Tokyo has this already, and it's a big hit - on weekends you get in after 3 for a lower price, and on weekdays you get in after 6 for an even lower price. It's designed to entice locals to the park for the evening, which is why I feel like it would work better at DL than WDW due to the demographic differences between the two, but I think it's a great option for a lot of people. If you know you can't do a whole day, you can choose to do afternoon/evening instead of morning/evening with a midday rest. If you want to block out pool time for the kids but don't want to make it the whole day. It gives you more options for lunch-time TS reservations without burning a park day. If you're getting to Florida midday and have to decide whether to rush right to the park - but burn the day on your ticket - or sit at the hotel or DS full of excitement and wishing you were at the parks. Essentially it would be like when we have a ticket to a holiday party - sleep in to recoup from other park days, have a nice long lunch, maybe shop a bit, then head over to the park all refreshed as a lot of people have left for the afternoon already? Not a bad option at all!

How does the price of this compare to a regular (all-day) ticket, particularly the 4 day one? I can't find a price for 4 days. All I know is that for a 7 day ticket, all day, I'm paying a little over $400.

Like the regular tickets, pricing is date-based and savings will vary.
  • A random look shows a 4-day mid-day entry ticket in mid-September at $312.06 while a regular base ticket the same dates is $426.24.
  • A 4-day mid-day entry ticket right before Thanksgiving is $381.94 while a regular base ticket that same time is $521.68.
You can price any specific dates on the WDW website where you buy tickets. Just select the Mid-day Magic ticket. There is also an option for Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus add-on to the new mid-day ticket. It does not appear that this ticket can be added to a package.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter