New Millennial Pink magic bands?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by tinkerbellybutton, Dec 9, 2017.

1. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

And even funnier is that there is no one definitive color for Millenial pink. It could have been a salmon color and calling it Millenial pink would have been accurate. I guess it’s a metaphor for our post modern views - “Your Millenial pink is not my Millenial pink, but that’s OK. There is no one Millenial pink that has to be correct.”

Elizabeth Smith likes this.
  2. BayouQueen

BayouQueen Mouseketeer

Chanel pink? That's how I see it, with the darker border. I like it!!

TXAKDisneyFan and BriLovesDisney like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. evilqueenmindy

evilqueenmindy DIS Veteran

I have a handbag exactly that color, and the shade is called Petal. It’s the pink of a thousand names.

5. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam Disney obsessed DVC Member/AP holder

I love the color, and would totally chose it if it were the free one. But there’s no way I’d pay for a plain color magic band.

6. Luv2Run

Luv2Run DIS Veteran

I hate to admit this, but I must have one.

7. Newsies

Newsies Headlines don't sell papes.

Following, need updates on when these precious babies go on sale ASAP.

[​IMG]

evilqueenmindy and 3cmom like this.
  8. ilovetotravel1977

ilovetotravel1977 DIS Veteran

Do you think they will be one of the colours you can choose when staying on property?

9. ShadeDK

ShadeDK Permanently Staying in Room 237

Perhaps they're called Millennial Pink because they only work occasionally (and then mostly only at Starbucks), can never commit to a set of FP+ selections for more than a short time, constantly need to be revalidated by checking in through a social media account, and usually lead to some heated debates about whether earlier generations of MagicBands are better.

Joking aside (and no I'm not endorsing millennial stereotypes), these look much better than the older pink MBs - which were a little too vibrant (as are most of the MB colors - I could go for more toned down MB colors in general). It seems these will be VERY popular.

10. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith DIS Veteran

I really hope these will become an option for onsite guests. I love this light pink. It's a lot classier than the hot pink bands they have currently. But I would also not pay anything extra for a solid colored band.

SmithSmith likes this.
  11. GreatLakes

GreatLakes DIS Veteran

I thought maybe they live in their parent's basement and complain about their worthless English degree. Perhaps they do that and work occasionally at Starbucks.

DG-12, twodogs, Texans_loyal and 2 others like this.
  12. BurTam

BurTam Earning My Ears

I LOVE this colour! I REALLY hope they are an option for on-site guests and that they will be available by December 24th (my due date to choose magic bands!) That would be an amazing Christmas surprise! :)

SA mom likes this.
  13. Someluck

Someluck Mouseketeer

Where will they be sold? Disney store or some other outlet? I want to be able to order one ASAP!

14. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

We have until February 8 to customize our bands. If this becomes an option, I'm going to be hard pressed to choose between blush and bashful...I mean, pink and pink.

15. Texans_loyal

Texans_loyal Operation Disney is Underway!

shut up and take my millennial money.

DG-12, Newsies and Victoria3 like this.
  16. 22Tink

22Tink BC, Canada

I really like this colour but not enough to pay extra for it. If it's a free option I'll be all over it but if not I'll stick with purple!

17. ArielRae

ArielRae DIS Veteran (NJ)

Target uses the name Millennial Pink in their recent Christmas commercial. Not to mention Rose Gold which made me think of the Rose Gold Minnie ears.

MommyinHonduras likes this.
  18. Kristi391

Kristi391 Mouseketeer

That's our date to customize by as well! I really want this new one!

19. EEva

EEva Mouseketeer

"Two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other." Love me some Steel Magnolias!

20. disneylove16

disneylove16 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how to go about purchasing these? It's supposed to be released today. I checked the shop Disney parks app, and nothing. I love the color, So I can justify paying the $13, but not willing to shell out ridiculous amounts of money on ebay when it sells out by the end of the day :rolleyes2

21. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

l

I checked over the weekend just to see if they showed up early. Then checked again this morning at 6:30 and nothing at shopdisney or the app. I am hoping Disney releases them to order through the app or online before my trip in May. I wouldn't normally spend money on a magic band, but I really would like to have this color.

gwynne and disneylove16 like this.