New MK, Epcot, DHS, & DAK Park Hours!

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I see on the park hours MK is closing at 7:00 the week in August we are going. I guess that means no fireworks?

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic they likely want to avoid crowds of people packed together in front of the Magic Kingdom.

I think I read that parades and fireworks along with character interactions are postponed for the time being. Don’t quote me on that lol ever since news broke about the parks reopening, there’s been so much to digest!
I think I read something like that too. I read over it quickly so I’m not positive.

I think I read something like that too. I read over it quickly so I’m not positive.

"That means certain experiences we know draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date. "

No fireworks, no parades, no nightime shows.

Just got the touringplans hours update email for my trip in October. All days for MK during my trip were changed to 7pm, with one changing to 6pm!

That just means more drinks at Trader Sam's.

With every cloud...

6pm is likely a Halloween Party night.

If they are limiting capacity, most likely you will get to do as much in the shorter time as before.

They've been slowly updating the park hours though 10/31 since early afternoon, first MK and DAK most recently. Keep an eye on DHS and Epcot next.

Part of the new normal for the foreseeable future.

(Related, Universal is closing at 6pm when they reopen)

Just got the touringplans hours update email for my trip in October. All days for MK during my trip were changed to 7pm, with one changing to 6pm!

That just means more drinks at Trader Sam's.

With every cloud...
:) I have an October trip too and have not been looking! Hopefully there will be some updates as time goes on...

It's too early to tell with Oct, if flying looks problematic we may make the 15 hour drive. Will be booking a short Dec trip on SW tomorrow with points.

6pm is likely a Halloween Party night.

If they are limiting capacity, most likely you will get to do as much in the shorter time as before.

Awesome - because the 6pm was when I had the Halloween Party tickets. I was curious if it was going to get cancelled. Woohoo!! Candy come to me! (and Haunted Mansion for 2345234 times in a row now because of low crowds lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter