New MK, Epcot, DHS, & DAK Park Hours!

We have a trip July 18-29 and a lot of our fastpasses/dining no longer fall within these hours. So disappointing. I wonder if they'll just give us anytime fastpasses or just delete them altogether.

Hard to justify the expense of a trip with those hours and limited 'magical' experiences. Not blaming Disney. They are at the mercy of the virus just like everything else. But, I have to feel most people will want to save their money and go when more park time and experiences can be made available.

I've made the decision to cancel my September trip and reschedule for next year. It's just too much money to pay for limited hours, no parades, no fireworks, no character interaction, no BBB, no character meals, having to make reservations for each park, wear a mask, temperature checks, etc.

Hope all of you that decide to go forward with your plans have a great time!

Do you think that this is to avoid any sort of RD at HS or to make sure that the new(er) rides are up and running before allowing people in?

Personally, I don’t think a later opening will avoid a RD crowd. Everyone will be up & ready to get started. Seems like crowds will build waiting for rope drop even more.

Wow, just realized Epcot isn’t opening until 11am in October....am I reading that wrong? And 10 am for HS? Well, at least we can sleep in on vacation....lol.

Wow, just realized Epcot isn’t opening until 11am in October....am I reading that wrong? And 10 am for HS? Well, at least we can sleep in on vacation....lol.

You're reading it right!!! But I’m with you... we don’t get till the parks till 10 some days, so I’m ok with that. Just the night hours bother me. 😕

I have no doubt parades and fireworks will be back on by October.
Yeah, I had no doubt that back in March they’d be closed for more than a few weeks. lol They are saving a fortune not doing fireworks. I don’t see some vast change coming by October. Once Disney takes things away, they are very slow to bring them back. As long as they can cover themselves claiming safety issues, we won’t see them.

Personally, I don’t think a later opening will avoid a RD crowd. Everyone will be up & ready to get started. Seems like crowds will build waiting for rope drop even more.

I agree with you, RD crowds are going to be crazy.

This really complicates lunch in these parks because you get there and it’s lunchtime. I like to knock out a number of attractions before lunch. May need to eat breakfasts instead of lunches but since we are on dining plan, I don’t think that is as economical.

I just read that to get into a certain park you will need a ticket and a reservation.
Park Reservations: Initially, park attendance will be managed through a new park reservation system. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required

I think if these park hours stand, I will cancel my July 20 to July 24 trip. It really flies in the face of common sense, if they are trying to limit crowds and practice social distancing to pack in people in shorter hours. Everyone will be there at the same time instead of spacing out through the day. Also if there are limits at bars, restaurants, pools and even in the hotel lobby, where are we supposed to go? I am fine with masks, but these rules make me think they are going to cancel all resort reservations and only allow in locals. They just want them to come and go home, but as an out of state tourists it sounds almost impossible. I don't want to sit in my room every night.

Checked park hours for our dates in early August on MDE and looks like each park is open 10 hours. Guess we will finally get plenty of sleep on this vacation!

MK: 9am-7pm
EP: 11am-9pm
DHS: 10am-8pm
AK: 8am-6pm

I think if these park hours stand, I will cancel my July 20 to July 24 trip. It really flies in the face of common sense, if they are trying to limit crowds and practice social distancing to pack in people in shorter hours. Everyone will be there at the same time instead of spacing out through the day. Also if there are limits at bars, restaurants, pools and even in the hotel lobby, where are we supposed to go? I am fine with masks, but these rules make me think they are going to cancel all resort reservations and only allow in locals. They just want them to come and go home, but as an out of state tourists it sounds almost impossible. I don't want to sit in my room every night.
It don’t think they will cancel existing reservation from what I read they are only taking reservations from DVC and allowing existing reservations to stay.

Checked park hours for our dates in early August on MDE and looks like each park is open 10 hours. Guess we will finally get plenty of sleep on this vacation!

MK: 9am-7pm
EP: 11am-9pm
DHS: 10am-8pm
AK: 8am-6pm
I’m thinking they haven’t adjusted DHS or Epcot yet?

I’m thinking they haven’t adjusted DHS or Epcot yet?
They have adjusted those. Epcot normally opens at 9, as does HS. As mentioned in other threads, they're staggering the opening and closing times of the parks... likely due to bus demand and social distancing at resort bus stops.

Many people will cancel because they don't want a substandard experience and that will help keep the crowds lower. This is part of the strategy to reopen, but keep the parks less crowded.

Many people will cancel because they don't want a substandard experience and that will help keep the crowds lower. This is part of the strategy to reopen, but keep the parks less crowded.
Lower crowds is the only plus I can think of with this

They have adjusted those. Epcot normally opens at 9, as does HS. As mentioned in other threads, they're staggering the opening and closing times of the parks... likely due to bus demand and social distancing at resort bus stops.
Yes they did ops. Last time I looked was last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!