New neighbor construction update w/photos

Thanks Ed.

I never expected them to keep the stables at that end of the Fort.

I wonder if the silt fence is temporary during construction.

j

yeah that is the file I up-loaded a while back making sure I gave credit to tiggerdad in the file name who had posted it originally on this board. Thanks for adding it here, ddavis6901.

It's interesting that the new TCD plans are not on that drawing (nor the road extension/straightening coming from the 100 loop direction) at the bottom of the parking lot which leads me to think, to Teamubr's point, that the decision to rebuild the horse barn down at the Settlement end, rather than the Outpost end, is a fairly recent decision.

Although recent is a relative term because a DVC/resort on River Country's remains has only been speculated and designed since, what, about 2010? Each time when it was time to start a new DVC we would all hold our breath while they instead chose the three on the monorail and then CBR. But it's hard to pass up shoreline on Bay Lake with such nearby infrastructure and amenities.

I guess we have all exhaled now.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Although recent is a relative term because a DVC/resort on River Country's remains has only been speculated and designed since, what, about 2010?
The pic Tiggerdad posted (and you just shared) dates back to 2011. I found one of the original leaked plans HERE. That link also had the replacement for MBYBBQ going behind the Trading Post and 100 loop. I did find plans posted that dated back to 2003 or 2004 when I was looking the other day.

It will be interesting to see how much of these 8 year old plans are accurate. We know TCD stables is an add. I'm hoping the buildings that head to the edge of Clementine's Beach have been deleted or moved. If that size of building was going that close, I would have thought many more core samples would have been drilled.

MBBQ.jpg

j

After looking at the map I cant help but wonder just how are they going to get all the materials and equipment to the site for the new pavilion ? I really hope it doesnt cross between the front porch and the playground area (where there are many stakes currently) I can envision the same mess as was at the lodge in Feb 2017 when we visited family there. It was a mess and frankly had we been staying there and not been aware of all the construction I would have asked for money back. Sorry but my spidey senses dont feel good about this project right now.

I'm not sure how they would get behind the Trading Post to build unless they went through the the 100 loop or possibly made a road between 200 and 300 and came around the back by the creek.

Remember, the plans that are going around again are from 8 years ago and don't even show the new stable plans that have recently shown up. It wouldn't surprise me if the 8 year old plans were enough out of date to not reflect what they may actually build.

j

In response to question from AMCC. We were there between Thanksgiving and Christmas. A boat captain on the small water taxis said they had just been told they were going to add two more boats (did not know if small or large size) and were going to build a new larger dock to be used by dvc and the fort. I'm guessing something along the lines of Wilderness Lodge and probably at the west end of Clementines beach.

My understanding is that the boats they currently have are already inadequate and that they are having problems keeping them running with maintenance and repairs. They use the boats that came from the Animal kingdom as back ups but they are slower.

Saw the Animal Kingdom backup boats running yesterday. Time to rethink and purchase new boats. They are breaking down way too often. Boat Captains are quick to share stories about cracking boats and bilge pump issues. We've spent quite a bit of time waiting for backup boats or going to Plan B and taking the bus instead. Love the boats but its time for an upgrade.

Much like the monorail the bigger boats are old. I dont know about the smaller ones that run between the Lodge, Contemporary and Poly but the others have been around since the 70's as I understand it.

I read on one of the various FW groups on FB that someone was told by a CM that they're adding 200 new sites. That's the first I've read that, wonder if it's true. I'm going to ask about that when we are there next weekend.

I ... was told by a CM that they're adding 200 new sites.
That would be amazing, but I don't think there has been any evidence of it... anywhere. And it would be very un-Disney. The return on investment just isn't there adding campsites. And Disney hasn't done anything in the last decade that didn't have a predicted high ROI.

j

Last edited:
Bus driver, for sure.

The campsites don't generate enough revenue. It is needed however. Not buying it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter