New Neighbors

The DVC tour we did this last weekend- they guy told us that Reflections will not be until 2022. When we walked by the room to look at which was the Riviera and another one (cant remember); he told us the Reflection rooms were behind a wall and top secret to even them. He did say the resort will not be a deluxe type like the Riviera or Grand Floridian.

Anyone recall around 10 yrs ago when Disney cleared all the trees and shrubs at the Fort and replanted them with native species. A lot of folks blew a gasket over that and claimed the Fort was ruined, now most folks dont even remember it.

Anyone recall around 10 yrs ago when Disney cleared all the trees and shrubs at the Fort and replanted them with native species. A lot of folks blew a gasket over that and claimed the Fort was ruined, now most folks dont even remember it.

That was about the time I came on board. I do vaguely remember it. I was pretty put off by all this until I saw new beach.

Looks like i planned my fort visit at an unopertoon time. Really wanted to do Mickeys Bbackyard bbq and watch the headless horsman and movie , and go to the ranch......well that's 3 strikes. Im still going, will do hoop de doo ( hopefully they dont close that) and the chip n dale campfire. Hope that fills in the gaps for me. Also , becasuse of bama ed, a brunch at the buffet will be made.

Am I missing it or does the story say exactly where the barn is going ? I cant recall seeing anything certain about its new location. BTW, we love visiting at the barn, the CM's are very passionate about the horses and they have some really fun stories about them.

Am I missing it or does the story say exactly where the barn is going ? I cant recall seeing anything certain about its new location. BTW, we love visiting at the barn, the CM's are very passionate about the horses and they have some really fun stories about them.

bigdisneydaddy,

The new barn will be across the road coming from Wilderness Lodge on the far side where the exercise trail starts up. The WL road that comes up to the backside of the Settlement Bus Depot (which is slightly s-curved now) is being straightened out more coming from the 100-400-700 nexus.

So sort of wa-a-a-a-y behind loop 700.

Bama Ed

I’m also sad to miss the Headless Horseman experience. It’s why I book our trip in October last year. But, change happens. They plan on bringing it back next year.

As someone said above, I more feel the loss of the Snow White ride, Toad and Frog, The Great Movie Ride, The Osbornes, etc.

I’m happy that the horses and CMs are getting a new up to date barn with better AC. It’s sounds like they are pretty excited for it, so I’m happy for them.

I’m leery that there will be extra overflow into the shared areas from the Reflections DVC, but that can be two way. Only time will tell.

So bear with me, guys. I've been trying to visualize. We've been to FW twice and this last time was when we finally (kinda) got our 'bearings'. The 'current' beach to the left of the dock will be 'replaced' with bungalows and a 'new' beach will be to the right of the dock? And as near as I can figure, the whole Settlement Depot area (Hoop dee do, TE, Crockets et al) will become part of the new resort as it takes over the Beach, the Ranch, and the area 'behind' the 700 loop?

Is there going to be a clear 'delineation' between FW and that area of Reflections?

BTW, IMO that's a dumb name. They could have come up with something a bit more rustic.

You are pretty close, Stormy.

The beach has already been moved. Actually I think there are currently 2 beaches, but the rocks and rope fence are up to the right of the dock. This is actually where the original beach was at the Fort.

As for the Settlement buildings, From blue prints posted earlier, parking lots for Reflections will come up behind Crockett's, Pioneer Hall with HDDR and Trails End. The "view" from that area is towards the Trading post and the 100 and 700 loop, so I don't think most will notice the parking.

Time will tell. I like the looks of the new stables and the location (sort of across from the Settlement bus depot) makes it more convenient than the old stables.

j

So bear with me, guys. I've been trying to visualize. We've been to FW twice and this last time was when we finally (kinda) got our 'bearings'. The 'current' beach to the left of the dock will be 'replaced' with bungalows and a 'new' beach will be to the right of the dock? And as near as I can figure, the whole Settlement Depot area (Hoop dee do, TE, Crockets et al) will become part of the new resort as it takes over the Beach, the Ranch, and the area 'behind' the 700 loop?

Is there going to be a clear 'delineation' between FW and that area of Reflections?

BTW, IMO that's a dumb name. They could have come up with something a bit more rustic.

I'm sort of in line with Teamubr, Stormy.

The one thing in your statement I'm not ready to acquiesce to is that the Settlement Depot area (HDDR, TE, Crockets) will be part of the new resort. Those sections are facing the classic Fort camping loops and are heavily themed towards the classic Fort design. The new resort (and yes the name sucks) appears to have a more modern design so even though it will be close to our Fort properties, from a design/theming standpoint Pioneer Hall (HDDR, TE, Cr) will visually remain part of the Fort.

Even if they have those tacky bungalows over the beach. In case any of those folks try to soak up some of our abundant, overflowing, life-giving ambiance of the classic Fort, I'll be ready for them on my edge of the 100 loop:

a-christmas-story-bb-gun.jpg

Next thing you know they'll be hopping over to the Meadow Pool and that ain't allowed either.

Bama Ed

.....Next thing you know they'll be hopping over to the Meadow Pool and that ain't allowed either....

Never used the pool at FW in all my visits, so I don't know the procedure for getting in. Do you need a magic band to get in? Could that be the way they control who enters, limiting access to only FW guests?

Last edited:
As for the Settlement buildings, From blue prints posted earlier, parking lots for Reflections will come up behind Crockett's, Pioneer Hall with HDDR and Trails End. The "view" from that area is towards the Trading post and the 100 and 700 loop, so I don't think most will notice the parking.

j

I looked at the blueprints, but (as my DH will tell you) I'm really bad at 'spatial things' so I couldn't tell how close the two properties will be. Thanks for the reassurance. I'd pictured it butted right up against (and in clear view) of the buildings at Settlement TP. I mean like parking lot thisclose to the existing buildings.

I'm sort of in line with Teamubr, Stormy.

The one thing in your statement I'm not ready to acquiesce to is that the Settlement Depot area (HDDR, TE, Crockets) will be part of the new resort. Those sections are facing the classic Fort camping loops and are heavily themed towards the classic Fort design. The new resort (and yes the name sucks) appears to have a more modern design so even though it will be close to our Fort properties, from a design/theming standpoint Pioneer Hall (HDDR, TE, Cr) will visually remain part of the Fort.

Even if they have those tacky bungalows over the beach. In case any of those folks try to soak up some of our abundant, overflowing, life-giving ambiance of the classic Fort, I'll be ready for them on my edge of the 100 loop:

a-christmas-story-bb-gun.jpg

Next thing you know they'll be hopping over to the Meadow Pool and that ain't allowed either.

Bama Ed

More reassurance!! And I will be standing right next to you in the 100 loop with my own trusty Red Ryder BB gun etc etc and the thing in the stock which tells time. We stayed in 100 in May and absolutely loved the location. I think my fear with 'the new place' (I have christened it thus in the mode of 'He Who Must Not Be Named'), is that it will 'take over' that end of FW and turn it into a noisy, overpopulated mess from Pioneer Hall to the Trading Post. I hope they have their own dock.

We probably won't be back until 2021 since it's a loonngg drive pulling the trailer from No Calif to the Fort. We're figuring about every 2 years or so. So next time we're there it'll be to BIG changes.

More reassurance!! And I will be standing right next to you in the 100 loop with my own trusty Red Ryder BB gun etc etc and the thing in the stock which tells time. We stayed in 100 in May and absolutely loved the location.

You seem younger than me, Stormy, so you do the shootin' and I will reload for you! Yes I love 100 loop for its location and proximity to a lot of things. I can't always afford it now it seems but if I can travel off-season I still love it.

tiggerdad,

I think all we have to do is rebuild the plans for Fort Sam Clemens on Tom Sawyer Island in MK behind Pioneer Hall. Although you guys keep treating me like an old far+, if I had spent any time in the Fort on TSI in my youth, my momma would have never been able to get me off. It has some corner towers, elevated "viewing" ranges, an a protected interior to hide the campers and pets. Plus a big gate we can close to keep the sad intruders out (those poor folks stuck in a hotel room during their stay - I feel sorry for them, don't you?)

Brian-Fort-Sam-Clemens-Aug-1978.jpg

I sort of feel like I'm Davy Crockett about to defend the Alamo.

But of course, we all know how that went. :sad2:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Hay Bama Ed, when I first read your earlier post with you on the porch the Alamo was the first thing I thought about. Rest assured my friend that if it comes to that I will stand right along side with you until the very end. History may repeat itself here at the Fort but Im all in.
@tiggerdad It would be an honor to take the first watch in the crows nest so I am right there with you also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter