New Orleans Hotel and Dining Recommendations

There are almost endless possibilities for dining in NO. Some of our favorites are The Chophouse for steaks, The Court of Two Sisters for brunch, Brennan's, The Gumbo Shop(Creole style), Cafe Maspero's(on Decatur St). Whatever you do, make sure to get some fresh Louisiana Gulf shrimp(in gumbo, fried on a po-boy, anyway you can). Also, Drago's charbroiled oysters are to die for. Central Grocery will give you a genuine muffuletta.
Haven’t been to NOLA on years but I recall most of these! Central Grocery muffuletta was soo good. Love Two Sister’s and Brennan’s too. Muriel’s, Bayona, Emeril’s. Only restaurant I was not in love with was Galatoire’s. It was good but not as great as I was expecting after the build up from friends.

Torn between the Bourbon Orleans and the Omni Royal. The Bourbon is cheaper (and near the NCIS "set") than the Omni, but the Omni is closer to Court of 2 Sisters and Antoines and Brennans.
What to do?????? I am a solo senior so I will probably cab it to a lot of places. Am from the wilds of Vermont so Uber/Lyft are not as popular here so I am wary). Will be doing the Wonder PC in March 2020. Suggestions are appreciated. :thanks:

Don't take cabs in New Orleans -- use Uber. I go to NOLA a lot (daughter at Tulane) and I always Uber everywhere. Much better prices than the cabs and I always have a good experience.

Love all these recommendations! Thank you all!

Doing the repositioning cruise that brings Disney Cruise Line into New Orleans for the first time. Do you think there will be any speci
al celebration or activity on the ship?

I have not read all of the replies, but Antoines usually does a lunch special at different times during the year, Makes dining there, even with a bunch of kids, very affordable.

Love these suggestions! We 'staycation' in Nola a few times a year, and I usually just use Hotwire and narrow the search to the area I'm looking for (French Quarter, Downtown, Warehouse District, etc.), choose 4 or 5 stars and am always pleasantly surprised. Have gotten Royal Sonesta, International House, NOPSI for last few trips. Uber/lyft or buy a streetcar pass (they have maps and prices online). Wander around, eat some good food (whoever recommended Drago's I agree - the charbroiled oysters are a must-do), have a drink or two and make some friends (note - please stay in the well traveled/tourist areas and use common sense). There are ghost tours, architecture tours, cemetery tours (much more fun than it sounds lol), as well as a few museums in the Jackson Square area. Great city, and I hope Disney continues to cruise from here!

I'm looking for hotel and restaurant recommendations now that the Wonder will be sailing out of New Orleans next year. First time to New Orleans and looking for a central location to experience as much as possible in a short amount of time. No kiddos on this trip. Thank you in advance for your recommendations and help.

Are you looking for fine dining or more low key? We've done tons of trips to New Orleans to visit the wife's family so if I know what you want I'm sure we can make some good recommendations.
We even know of a great dueling piano bar if you're interested, her prom date plays there.... why does everyone in the south know everyone else? (Asks the southern girl).

Are you looking for fine dining or more low key? We've done tons of trips to New Orleans to visit the wife's family so if I know what you want I'm sure we can make some good recommendations.
We even know of a great dueling piano bar if you're interested, her prom date plays there.... why does everyone in the south know everyone else? (Asks the southern girl).
The short answer is: I want it all. :rotfl2:
But realistically we will have a very limited amount of time in NOLA so I have to be selective. We hope to get a full NOLA experience and great food in three days. (We know this is virtually impossible.) Maybe a bayou boat tour? Where's the piano bar? What other recommendations do you have? Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

The short answer is: I want it all. :rotfl2:
But realistically we will have a very limited amount of time in NOLA so I have to be selective. We hope to get a full NOLA experience and great food in three days. (We know this is virtually impossible.) Maybe a bayou boat tour? Where's the piano bar? What other recommendations do you have? Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

Another vote for Court of 2 sisters, and sit in the courtyard if you can.
Also you might want to check out Kpaul - the place is amazing, our second favorite.
Galatorie if you don't mind snooty - the food isn't all that - but it's historical if that's your thing.

Centeral Grocery is a great place for mid price range and they originated the Muffaletta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!