New PAID (Extra) Fastpass testing at DLP

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
From WDWNT (https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/fastpass-available-to-purchase-during-new-test-in-disneyland-paris/)
“A new fastpass test will begin at Disneyland Paris on July 24. ED92 is reporting that a new product called Disney Access One will allow guests to purchase a one time Fastpass for one attraction for €15 ($17.50). The regular paper Fastpass system will remain free and Access One will not affect the availability of Fastpasses. This service will be available for all Fastpass attractions and sold in the closest store to the attraction. A surprise souvenir is also included with the purchase. The test will run until September 30. Annual passholder discounts are available which can reduce the price by 10% or 20% depending on the annual pass level.”

In my opinion, this is something totally unnecessary and overpriced. 15 euro for one Fastpass is ridiculous. Especially when you get an extra FP with on-site “club level” stays. I just hope it doesn’t expand further than the test and worry about this trend, with WDW starting the $50 for 3 extra fastpasses for club-level guests, and Shanghai already having this paid FP option.

I wasn’t in support of the paid Maxpass system at Disneyland, but once I started using it, I realized how convenient it is (but it is significantly different than this Access One system-you pay $10/day and it allows you to book FPS from your phone rather than needing to go to a kiosk, but you are still have time limits and delays until you can get another one, similar to if you use the typical paper FP system). That sort of system would be nice to have, though I don’t know the logistics of it with tourists from all over Europe.

I would like for DLP to get an electronic version of Fastpass and depending on the conditions I might pay for it, but not for this proposal. The only hard-to-get is Big Thunder Mountain, the others usually still have FP later in the day available, accessible during EMH or single riders.

I did pay for 1 FP in Shanghai as I considered it a once-in-a-lifetime trip, there might be people coming to DLP who think like that, but the crowds in DLP aren't nearly as massive as Shanghai in summer to justify 15 euro p/p/fp.

But I fear as with everything... there are always people willing to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter