new places to try - Sand Trap, All Star Cafe

cigar95

DIS weakest link
For our trip in February, I'm looking to try to eat at some places I've not tried before. Other than some of the more expensive spots, there aren't a whole lot of them.

First idea - "Official All Star Cafe" at the WWoS. Is this part of the national chain, owned by Gretzky and Tiger and the various famous athletes? Is there much interesting to see there - memorabilia and such? (I'm a golf fan, and would enjoy seeing some Tiger memorabilia.) Food worth mentioning? Most important - do I have to have admission to WWoS to get in, or is it on the outside?

Second - Sand Trap Bar & Grill at the Bonnet Creek Golf Club. I've heard there are pretty good burgers and sandwiches there, even if it's not really themed. Can anyone tell me the hours it's open? (I assume non-golfers can visit the club to eat.)

Any other ideas for "out of the way" restaurants I may not have thought of before? I've been to most of the theme park and resort restaurants, and I'm thinking Bongos at Downtown Disney might be another place to try.

Thanks for any input here.

We ate at bboth places they past May.

All Star Cafe - You do not need admission to eat there. Food is pretty good, the cuban sandwich especially. I don't know if it is part of the chain, and I don't recall seeing any Tiger memorabilia but I wasn't looking for it either. There are 3-4 large projection TV screens plus some regular TVs. We went right at opening (11:30?) and there were wonly a few people eating.

Sand Trap - It is only open until 3:00 PM. It has very good food. The atmposphere is very relaxing, view of the golf course. A LARGE draft beer that I paid less than I pay for one half that size at Jacob's Field in Cleveland. If you have Q&C vouchers, you can use it here. The only problem with it is you need a car or Taxi to get there. No Disney transportation.

Ed

We like the Sand Trap, too and it is never crowded. My husband and sons used to grab breakfast there before golfing, too. Not sure if they still serve breakfast? Lunch is good!

Thanks all, for your help. I called Disney Dining yesterday, and Sand Trap is open in the morning for b-fast until 11:30, then lunch from 11:30-3:30, then a "light menu" until 6pm. Maybe this is to have something available for the golfers finishing their rounds late in the day.

Another place I'm looking to try is Bongos at Downtown Disney. Menu looks interesting. Looks like no priority seating, but on a Sunday afternoon in February between the lunch and dinner rushes, I'm not too worried about a long wait.

Also have a PS to try the lunch at Fresh, the new restaurant at the Dolphin.

Do try the Sand Trap.We did breakfast and lunch there a few trips ago, and liked it a lot!!

I think the All Star cafe is one of the last remaining in the chain (and may actually not be part of the chain anymore) The chain went bankrupt big time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter