New - Poland, Czech Republic & Austria Meets

Grifdog22

Barking Mad!
Was delighted to book an adults only trip next fall to include 3 days in Poland, and the parts we liked better for Czech and Austria than the current trip. Even with having the phone ringing at ABD from us this morning at the stroke of 8, I still had a 20 minute wait. They were busy.

This is also a "new" trip, that appears to be a modification of an old one. It hit everything we wanted to do. The substantial EBD put us over the edge to book.

Unfortunately, I have had many a sleepless night and this morning at 3 am, after reading more of the same dribble from CNN, BBC, etc., curiosity got the better of me and I looked to see if they had finally updated the site and found this "new" trip. We had no intention of booking a trip, but the wife really wanted to see this area once we read the details.

We are less than impressed with changes to the Australia trip - dropping Uluru and Gold Coast to add in another southern city to look at...graffiti?

So who else is going? Pre or post trip plans? Special OYO activities? Spill those beans.

Last edited:
@Grifdog22

I was excited to see this trip as well -I've been asking for years for Poland, NZ and Croatia- 2 of 3 isn't bad! Which date did you choose for the P/Cz/A trip?

We are going on the September 21 trek - late fall. Will likely add three days before to tour OOO in Lithuania and Latvia. Tink - you should join us! I was also hoping for New Zealand, but not ready to pull the trigger on that one yet...hits about 50% of what I wanted...

We are going on the September 21 trek - late fall. Will likely add three days before to tour OOO in Lithuania and Latvia. Tink - you should join us! I was also hoping for New Zealand, but not ready to pull the trigger on that one yet...hits about 50% of what I wanted...

Well, rats. I don't travel in Sept or October since no one cares about my house and pets as much as I do and those are prime "windstorm" months here! I would love to go on this trip though! Maybe one of these days we'll be on the same one :)

Well, rats. I don't travel in Sept or October since no one cares about my house and pets as much as I do and those are prime "windstorm" months here! I would love to go on this trip though! Maybe one of these days we'll be on the same one :)
We DO understand the windstorm and pets issue...which took us years to finally manage. We will be thinking of you and toasting you and wishing you were with us. One day.....

Hi! Thanks for starting this thread. I’ve booked this trip, for the May departure. I think the addition of Poland is what swayed me, as I’ve not been that interested in the other version that is Czech and Austria only.

Haven’t thought about pre or post plans yet. Have had a couple of trips, not Disney, that have been cancelled thus far this year, and two Disney trips in the August bubble that I am expecting to be cancelled within the next month. So at the moment I’m a bit hesitant to get too excited even though this is a year away.

Hi all! We were scheduled to take our 20-something kids on the original itinerary (which we had dubbed 'Castles & Beer') this coming June but have now re-scheduled to the new itinerary for July 2021. Like Mathmagicland, everyone in our group is excited to trade Salzburg for Poland especially since my husband's family is of Polish descent. Need to come up with a new nickname for the trip!

It will be the first ABD for the kids, third for hubby and myself (Italy 2017 and China 2019). Fingers crossed that the world will be ready for international travel next summer. Until then, we'll continue to dream!

Too funny - and shows my mind is elsewhere - AbD called this morning to confirm my two pre-nights have been added to my reservation. So I guess I do have some tentative, TBD, pre- adventure plans. I always book two pre-nights & then adjust as plans evolve and finalize, because sometimes (like with Japan last year) they all book up.

This will be my third, after an NYC weekend and the inaugural Japan...it would be my fourth but I’m expecting my one for August to be cancelled.

I can’t book until the 19th since its my first time with ABD. I wanted something special to celebrate my birthday and this itinerary looked awesome. I have my request in to DU and hoping I can get the 9/10 date I want.

I can’t book until the 19th since its my first time with ABD. I wanted something special to celebrate my birthday and this itinerary looked awesome. I have my request in to DU and hoping I can get the 9/10 date I want.
Sending some pixie dust that it works out well for you!

Welcome to the PAC (Poland Austria Czech) trip! As this trip "develops" there will be a lot more postings. Hope you get the date you want!

I am happy to see that they have added more Poland trips. My whole family is from there and it is an amazing Country and the food is delicious.

Heads up for those that have booked this or are about to - check your travel agreement carefully. The one I received is for the original Czech-Austria tour only, does not reference or include Poland. I called AbD this morning and someone will be researching. Don’t know if it is just me or if the agreement needs another version updated to include the new destinations for the new tour.

This is my first ABD experience and the first time to Europe (not counting the time I lived in England). What kind of budget do you guys work with. Not including the price of the tour and travel to and from, what do you include in your budget and how much do you allot for it? I'm trying to get a rough estimate of what kind of numbers I'm working with plus, I don't want to forget to include something important like tips.

Is anyone else on the 9/10 trip?

This is my first ABD experience and the first time to Europe (not counting the time I lived in England). What kind of budget do you guys work with. Not including the price of the tour and travel to and from, what do you include in your budget and how much do you allot for it? I'm trying to get a rough estimate of what kind of numbers I'm working with plus, I don't want to forget to include something important like tips.

Is anyone else on the 9/10 trip?
Tips: $9-$11 USD per member of your travel party per Adventure Guide, per day. Guides take dollars, local currency, and some PayPal. I normally give the US guide dollars and local guide local currency.

ABD includes most things in the tour except for some meals. You will most likely be spending on souvenirs. And pre and post expenses OYO.

I have no ATM fees so I only bring some US and local cash and get the most at my destination as needed.

Personal expense budgets for meals and incidentals vary per personal habit but $500 per person seems like a good start plus or minus big souvenir purchases 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!