Oh....forgot one other thing!!! Is there something I can do about the much shorter time span before you get 'logged out' of the DIS?? If I am posting a long message or PM, when I go to hit 'send' it takes me to the 'Log In' page and my whole message disappears! :guilty:
I learned LONG ago, that if I am typing anything that takes any time, more than a few lines, to type it first in Word or similar, and then copy. Way to many things happen on the board...time-outs, database errors, momentary updates, server overloads, etc, etc...to chance losing a lot of work. Use a word processor to do your typing, then copy. It's been like that since I have been here, almost 8 years now.

I learned LONG ago, that if I am typing anything that takes any time, more than a few lines, to type it first in Word or similar, and then copy. Way to many things happen on the board...time-outs, database errors, momentary updates, server overloads, etc, etc...to chance losing a lot of work. Use a word processor to do your typing, then copy. It's been like that since I have been here, almost 8 years now.

Brilliant!!!!! :yay:

How does one do that?????? :confused3

There are also a ton of people who are really impressed with the new software. The inline editing in the Standard editor is far better than the old version, with a lot of key combinations supported that weren't supported before. That's the main improvement I notice. I also love the fact that editing an existing thread now happens in-line instead of swapping to a separate editor page. :thumbsup2

Note that the changes to the Search and the New Posts functionality has little or nothing to do with the new version. It is a practical decision being made by the webmasters to offer different functionality from the standard vBulletin functionality, because the The DIS has become too popular for the vBulletin functionality to work in a high-performing manner. They've engaged BoardTracker to make up for this limitation in vBulletin. It is actually a very common trade-off in systems design: Add latency; improve performance. While it would be nice if vBulletin's own software worked in a high performing manner with such a popular site like The DIS, it doesn't, and sometimes all the money in the world (assuming they had that) cannot make something work better.

I don't think there has ever been a system update that hasn't had at least some people complain. People like to complain, and people hate when things change. It's natural.

That's really odd, bicker, because I'm seeing complaint after complaint after complaint, and the only one who seems to like it is you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter