barbaraann

Chicago Gal
I cannot access the New Posts button anymore. It is covered up due to all of the ads on the top of the boards. I find this quite annoying, since it prohibits me from enjoying the Disboards, as I always have in the past. Can't something be done about this?

I cannot access the New Posts button anymore. It is covered up due to all of the ads on the top of the boards. I find this quite annoying, since it prohibits me from enjoying the Disboards, as I always have in the past. Can't something be done about this?
Do you have an adblocker? It works wonders.

For future reference...another way to access "New Posts" is from the right-hand sidebar of the home page (main forum listings). The most recent 5 (?) posts are listed, and if you click on the New Posts header it takes you to the same listing of posts as "New Posts" in the upper menu bar.

I often reply in a thread or post a new thread but never see it on New Posts. Does anyone know why?

I often reply in a thread or post a new thread but never see it on New Posts. Does anyone know why?
Probably because your post isn't "new" to you. I'm on another forum where, when I reply to a thread, the thread doesn't show up on the New Posts area. Only if someone else posts to it does it show up.

Probably because your post isn't "new" to you. I'm on another forum where, when I reply to a thread, the thread doesn't show up on the New Posts area. Only if someone else posts to it does it show up.
That is what I thought might be true so thanks.

I don't believe "new posts" pertains to any specific individual -- I believe it's based on the time stamp when posted. My posts show up in the "New Posts" listing on the main page. I rarely check the full list of New Posts using the menu bar. What I have noticed on the main page is that since only 5 threads are shown, there quite often can be 5 or more people posting somewhere on the boards in even just a 1 minute span, therefore bumping my post.

upload_2019-5-16_11-2-18.png

These are from the main page...but interestingly, none have shown on the "New Posts" listing from the menu bar, those are all 4+ minutes ago even after I refreshed a couple of times.

View attachment 401137

These are from the main page...but interestingly, none have shown on the "New Posts" listing from the menu bar, those are all 4+ minutes ago even after I refreshed a couple of times.
This fits my case very well. I haven’t seen any of mine show up on New Posts for some months. Maybe use of the board has increased or just haven’t been lucky at the times I post. I am eight time zones ahead and occasionally post at times that must be slow usage but still nothing. I will post something tomorrow morning here so maybe 2:00 am central time and see if it shows.

View attachment 401137

I Test posted to the Movies etc Board at 2:44. It never appeared in New Posts. Traffic was very slow at the time I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!